The effects of wco

Odd OU use to be a huge game, even with solich we had a chance to win games... Now that we are stuck with Callahan and his band of merry retards no one really cares... THis is mostly due to the past preformance by Nebraska and logic tells ya that Nebraska is going to get spanked...

I hear alot of people say give him a chance a few years to get his system to work... Ok well lets see I say 4 years just a nice round number, what happens in 4 years if nebraska even with his recruits still post loosing records? what will ya say then? Am I to beleave that Callahans system only works with the very best athleates in the country? well I hate to say it but if this system needs the best kinda like pros why did the raiders fall 4 - 12 with this system, and your not going to get the best athleates at every possition all the time if ya do they tend to look into those things and suspend you from bowl elegibility..

As you might have guessed I dont beleave in the wco nor do I beleave in Callahan or cosgrove.. If he cant maintain or at least come close to last years mark or hell even have a 50-50 season why the hell do we have him as a coach? put him in a recruiting possition and leave the coaching up to someone who can make changes during the game and has a system that works in football...

Dont give me that bs about greenbay uses a form of the wco yada yada yada because each form of the wco is different depending on the coach....

I hate to see it happen but I just cant bring my self to honestly say Nebraska will have a winning season because I think they drop the last two games of the year, sure do feel sorry for the seniors on the team that wanted to go to a bowl game, but Callahan seems to not care and is waiting for his recruits to come in screw the players that are alrdy playing I guess....

I would love to see the AD fired and Callahan let go along with cosgrove, but sadly Nebraska is stuck with them and with that comes a weak team thats what callahan coaches, cosgrove is good at takeing good D and turning them into wimps...

The only thing that Callahan has to hide behind is Dailey, and even that is pretty lame being that 2 games left in the season and the system still hasnt worked this is a problem that wil be here as long as Callahan is here.

For all those that say go change shirts to OU or something like that, I love NEbraska and I hate to see a Coach come in talking trash then when it comes down to it he cant coach for crap... brings all this hype about a new system... WHats wrong with the old system sure pass a little more but 10-3 is nothing to scoff at chagning was the worst thing we could have done and lets not forget Osborne appointed Solich as head coach.

Originally posted by huskerfantls:

I hear alot of people say give him a chance a few years to get his system to work... Ok well lets see I say 4 years just a nice round number, what happens in 4 years if nebraska even with his recruits still post loosing records? what will ya say then?

Then you move him out and bring in someone else. Changing coaches might soothe fans in the short run, but it harms the system far more than it helps in most cases. It leads to negative recruiting and players having to constantly learn new terminologies and systems. It means players are shuttled from position to position as each staff has a different view of what kind of player should fill each position.

I haven’t seen anyone say that Callahan should be allowed to remain if, after three or four years, he isn’t getting it done. I have seen folks simply saying that he should be given a legitimate opportunity to implement his system and bring in his recruits.

Am I to beleave that Callahans system only works with the very best athleates in the country? well I hate to say it but if this system needs the best kinda like pros why did the raiders fall 4 - 12 with this system, and your not going to get the best athleates at every possition all the time if ya do they tend to look into those things and suspend you from bowl elegibility..

No one is saying that the system needs the best athletes – although it certainly doesn’t hurt. What we are saying is that you need athletes whose skills fit the system being run. For the West Coast, that’s quarterbacks that can read defenses and make good decisions. Wide receivers with speed and size. Lineman who can have quick feet for pass blocking.

For the defense that NU is attempting to run, you need cover corners – guys with speed and some size. Linebackers that can run. Defensive lineman who can – without a blitz – stuff the run and provide a pressure on the passer.

Yes, a poor record may result in some recruits being lost; conversely, it can and does result in recruits committing because they feel that their skills will be showcased and that they will get early playing time. Early playing time is a huge consideration for kids today.

As you might have guessed I dont beleave in the wco nor do I beleave in Callahan or cosgrove.. If he cant maintain or at least come close to last years mark or hell even have a 50-50 season why the hell do we have him as a coach? put him in a recruiting possition and leave the coaching up to someone who can make changes during the game and has a system that works in football...

Dont give me that bs about greenbay uses a form of the wco yada yada yada because each form of the wco is different depending on the coach....

But you’ve just contradicted yourself. You acknowledge the West Coast can succeed, and noted Green Bay. In other words, it’s the way you implement it – not the offense itself.