School Year Position Record Highlights

Nebraska 2004 Head coach 5-4-0

Raiders (NFL) 2003 Head coach 4-12-0

Raiders (NFL) 2002 Head coach 13-6-0 AFC champions

Raiders (NFL) 2001 Off. coord./O-line coach 11-7-0 AFC West champions

Raiders (NFL) 2000 Off. coord./O-line coach 13-5-0 AFC West champions

Raiders (NFL) 1999 Off. coord./O-line coach 8-8-0

Southern Illinois 1989 Offensive coordinator 2-9-0

As far as the 1999 to 2001 I dont think you give callahan that much credit as he wasnt really a head coach Jon Gruden was making the calls for the team, in 2002 Gruden moved to Tampa bay where he took them to face the team he had built in Oakland oakland and callahan lost 48-21 (no he never won a NFL Championship)

Gruden was the first coach in history to win the Superbowl in his first year as head coach after changing teams. How long should he be given and how long do we have to live with cosgrove.

I'll rate him on being a NU coach in a couple years. Does looking only at wins and losses give a complete picture of a coach? He did have some success with the Raiders.

He should be given 3-4 years in my book. As far as the other staff, I don't know.

Benard says "pro and college is totally different which is why I don't know why big pederson got callahan."

Well could it be that NU wanted to move itself into the 21st century in football; yes is your answer. I know the record sucks, but do you think the exhalted Frankie could have beaten OU, TT and others? The emotion Pellini brought to the defense has been sorely missed, I will grant you that. Can Cosgrove create it, the jury is out, but I know he can recruit talent (until it got drubbed by MSU's Spartans today that is.)

Benard finishes by saying " He can't coach in the college ranks, of course he couldn't coach in the pros either so who knows."

Hmmm, babysitting a bunch of 30-something washouts, and 20-something egoheads who wouldn't know character if a crack dealer was selling it isn't my idea of coaching, and it wasn't Bill's. He called the Raiders out and the losers, they are still losing this year, lost their "con"fidence in him according to Charlie Woodson. Bill faced his problem like a man, just like he has this season.

He told us early and often that this season would be an adventure, and it has been. Let's see if you could take a team recruited to run the I and spread formation with the QB running as its first option and have it throw the ball (see Bill tried this.) Norvell and Callahan have both realized that the talent needed sometime to learn the CCO so they have relied more on the run in the past several weeks. Get another recruiting class and spring season under the belt and we will see a much different program and a return to success next season. As it is, don't we stand a chance of going to the Big 12 title game anyway? Not bad, since Frankie missed out on a few.

Nope, count me as one who likes having Callahan out there on our sideline. The future is about to arrive.

Benard says "pro and college is totally different which is why I don't know why big pederson got callahan."

Well could it be that NU wanted to move itself into the 21st century in football; yes is your answer. I know the record sucks, but do you think the exhalted Frankie could have beaten OU, TT and others? The emotion Pellini brought to the defense has been sorely missed, I will grant you that. Can Cosgrove create it, the jury is out, but I know he can recruit talent (until it got drubbed by MSU's Spartans today that is.)

Benard finishes by saying " He can't coach in the college ranks, of course he couldn't coach in the pros either so who knows."

Hmmm, babysitting a bunch of 30-something washouts, and 20-something egoheads who wouldn't know character if a crack dealer was selling it isn't my idea of coaching, and it wasn't Bill's. He called the Raiders out and the losers, they are still losing this year, lost their "con"fidence in him according to Charlie Woodson. Bill faced his problem like a man, just like he has this season.

He told us early and often that this season would be an adventure, and it has been. Let's see if you could take a team recruited to run the I and spread formation with the QB running as its first option and have it throw the ball (see Bill tried this.) Norvell and Callahan have both realized that the talent needed sometime to learn the CCO so they have relied more on the run in the past several weeks. Get another recruiting class and spring season under the belt and we will see a much different program and a return to success next season. As it is, don't we stand a chance of going to the Big 12 title game anyway? Not bad, since Frankie missed out on a few.

Nope, count me as one who likes having Callahan out there on our sideline. The future is about to arrive.

Again, I like Callahan a lot. I think what he is going to do and what he's bringing in will work.

pro and college is totally different which is why I don't know why big pederson got callahan. He can't coach in the college ranks, of course he couldn't coach in the pros either so who knows.

Yup, all those AFC Championships sure show that :wacko: You don't like the way he coaches, that doesn't mean he is a bad coach.

Huskerebel > * :horns2:horns2