David Horne still sucks

kramer

Why the hell was David Horne in the game on the 5 yard line. Where is Tierre Green???? Horne is a moron....Did you notice the close up shot of Horne after he didn't make it? The look on his face was like he wasn't there. Like he wasn't aware that he just gained zero yards on 4th and whatever inside the opponents 10 yard line.

• 2 weeks later...

It was reported on 1620 the Zone's Unsportsmanlike Conduct show that David Horne's father has been calling other football programs looking for somewhere for DH to transfer to to get more playing time. Northern Iowa was the only program mentioned. With the three top RB's returning, plus Lucky and Leon Jackson coming aboard next season, the writing has been on the wall for some time. This should be a shock to no one and good luck David, if true.

I think it is best for everyone involved for him to leave. He is not going to see the field for any considerable playing time next year.

Yeah, that's probably true. It's disturbing to hear that "he started practicing real hard during the second half of the season." He should have started practicing hard in August of 2002.

Horne played a ton last game and showed how good he can be if he just gets pt.  Callahan or norvell said if ross hadn't played so well this year horne would of got alot of pt, well how the hell is he going to get that at 4th string, boy they lie alot.

Callahan and Co. has shown time and time again that they don't have much use for a depth chart this past season. Guys seem to play or not play regardless of position on the depth chart. Is that wrong? No, not really in my book. If I was going to use kids as dynamically as the staff has this year at times, I wouldn't waste my time rearranging a chart.

I suspect they were trying him in a different role and he actually did something when given the ball. Maybe he will actually get something done there.

Pretty cool...ripping a player.  Coaches yeah, but these guys are still kids, not self-absorbed NFL primadonnas.

Horne was said to have terrible work ethic. Norvell was quoted as saying "he started practicing hard in the second half of the season." Coming from someone who had to work to put himself through college, to hear that a prized recruit that is going to school for free, getting a free place to live, free meals and ISN'T even putting in his full effort, that pisses me off. Horne still has one more year, but up until now, he has SUCKED.

The last I checked callahan, Horne was one of your prized 4 star recruits.

If they are relying only on recruiting, its gonna be really ugly!

man bobby confused. is callahan to blame for everything bad that has happend at NU for the past 30 yrs... or is it the history of the program? i jus need to know how far we're allowed to go back here b/c im ready to blame him and Steive for the orange bowl meltdowns in the 80's as well. :wacko:

but before anyting else you may want to return that deegreee you got from the George W school of math bro, cuz it aint workin so well. the las time I checkd Callahan has been a coach at the U for 1 yr, and DH is a JR, which equals 3 yrs. might wanna rerun those numbers on the old Apple IIGS my friend.