Why keep KCosgrove

cashel

The entire coaching staff is under seige, and it is common and reasonable for staffs under that sort of attack to bond together. They can only count on each other at this point, so you probably won't see any changes in staff. If the pressure was not so extreme, a change might have happened; in the current environment, though, that option has effectively been removed.

It is ugly at NU, and it is likely to get far uglier yet. When boosters, sports pundits, and angry fans force administrative reactions, it often is not good news.

Remember Alabama, anyone?

The entire coaching staff is under seige, and it is common and reasonable for staffs under that sort of attack to bond together. They can only count on each other at this point, so you probably won't see any changes in staff. If the pressure was not so extreme, a change might have happened; in the current environment, though, that option has effectively been removed.

It is ugly at NU, and it is likely to get far uglier yet. When boosters, sports pundits, and angry fans force administrative reactions, it often is not good news.

There is a bit of a difference between what happened at Alabama and what is happening here. Bama was on NCAA sanctions, and scholarship reductions for Shula's tenure, and they still made bowl games. Nebraska is totally imploding right now, and getting to 5 wins will be a challenge. That would be 2 years in 4 under Callahan that Nebraska would not make the post season. There is no defense of this.

The University of Nebraska is a public institution, funded by tax dollars, and the governing body is elected by the voters. Do you have any doubt that if changes were not made, the voters would effect change? There is a difference between being in agreement with an angry fanbase,and sticking your head in the sand and staying in the ivory tower. Perlman is not the emperor strutting around naked, like Pederson was.

The anger started in 2003. I think it will end in December. The Husker Nation will rally around Osborne and who he picks as coach. That someone will understand and embrace the traditions that made this program what it was, instead of trying to become USC Midwest. The program got away from it's roots, getting back to them should correct the problems.

Let's see..........Husker D gave up 40 pts in 4 consecutive games EVER! Gave up over 550 yards in 4 games EVER! Had a competing QB say it was like he was playing against a DC in high school, (and I think he was being kind because this idiot, cosgrove, shouldn't be screwing kids up at that level let alone D1). Was so worried about the shovel pass that he had EVERYONE focused on that all game long in 2005 when the HUSKERS got killed by Kansas. (that's when I wanted this idiot gone), not to mention the T-Tech disaster. How long do we put up with this crap? I put it at Callahan's doorstep because he picked this idiot! Cosgrove is brain dead and untill he is gone we have a bigger chance at losing every game the rest of the year then we have winning. Peterson was a cancer on this program, cosgrove is the cancer that didn't get caught and will kill HUSKER football. He should be gone NOW!

There is a bit of a difference between what happened at Alabama and what is happening here. Bama was on NCAA sanctions, and scholarship reductions for Shula's tenure, and they still made bowl games. Nebraska is totally imploding right now, and getting to 5 wins will be a challenge. That would be 2 years in 4 under Callahan that Nebraska would not make the post season. There is no defense of this.

The University of Nebraska is a public institution, funded by tax dollars, and the governing body is elected by the voters. Do you have any doubt that if changes were not made, the voters would effect change? There is a difference between being in agreement with an angry fanbase,and sticking your head in the sand and staying in the ivory tower. Perlman is not the emperor strutting around naked, like Pederson was.

The anger started in 2003. I think it will end in December. The Husker Nation will rally around Osborne and who he picks as coach. That someone will understand and embrace the traditions that made this program what it was, instead of trying to become USC Midwest. The program got away from it's roots, getting back to them should correct the problems.

And you may be correct, and I am the first to admit it. All that I am saying is that NU is now on a very, very risky path. It may work great, or it may plummet the Huskers down into an abyss that may take 20 years to recover from. Nobody can deny that, as of this week, the football program has become remarkably unstable.

We will suffer greatly in terms of retaining current recruiting commits. This morning, I heard that at least two are already decommitting.

Personally, I think that Pederson should have been given the axe back in July. That actually would have taken a lot of pressure off of Callahan and staff, since so many boosters and fans have continued to associate Callahan with the much-maligned AD. Another AD that supported the coaches might have been a better situation. As it, though, it has been given the appearance that wealthy boosters and whining fans have force the acquistion of a new AD that will fire the current coach. This is a bad thing, indeed; you never want to cede control of your program to boosters.

IBR may be fairly cocky about the demise of Pederson and the iminent collapse of the NU coaching staff, but you might want to think about what that means. You cannot predict the success of any coaching staff in any given environment. You should all know that by now.

And you may be correct, and I am the first to admit it. All that I am saying is that NU is now on a very, very risky path. It may work great, or it may plummet the Huskers down into an abyss that may take 20 years to recover from. Nobody can deny that, as of this week, the football program has become remarkably unstable.

We will suffer greatly in terms of retaining current recruiting commits. This morning, I heard that at least two are already decommitting.

Personally, I think that Pederson should have been given the axe back in July. That actually would have taken a lot of pressure off of Callahan and staff, since so many boosters and fans have continued to associate Callahan with the much-maligned AD. Another AD that supported the coaches might have been a better situation. As it, though, it has been given the appearance that wealthy boosters and whining fans have force the acquistion of a new AD that will fire the current coach. This is a bad thing, indeed; you never want to cede control of your program to boosters.

IBR may be fairly cocky about the demise of Pederson and the iminent collapse of the NU coaching staff, but you might want to think about what that means. You cannot predict the success of any coaching staff in any given environment. You should all know that by now.

So your saying we should keep this coaching staff to keep recruits? The fact that Osborne hasnt said anything about firing Callahan and recruits are already decommitting. The one valid reason of keeping this staff is no longer valid.

which recruits did you hear are decommitting??

which recruits did you hear are decommitting??

No ones decommitted yet, but Gabbert and Givens have opened up their recruiting process/options again.