Recruits

On rivals there is already talk about multiple verbal commitments (Gabbert, Givens) already visiting other schools. I hear a lot of people talking about information on coaches but is there anything on recruits. What is TO doing to keep them? How serious are they about leaving? What have they told Callahan?

On rivals there is alread talk about multiple verbal commitments (Gabbert, Givens) already visiting other schools. I hear a lot of people talking about information on coaches but is there anything on recruits. What is TO doing to keep them? How serious are they about leaving? What have they told Callahan?

I can tell you for certain that Gabbert is attending the Mizzou game this weekend - an unofficial visit. A St. Louis Post Dispatch reporter said he had a conversation with Blaine's dad. Only said they were attending the game.

On rivals there is already talk about multiple verbal commitments (Gabbert, Givens) already visiting other schools. I hear a lot of people talking about information on coaches but is there anything on recruits. What is TO doing to keep them? How serious are they about leaving? What have they told Callahan?

As far as how solid they are for NU...that remains to be seen. But I can tell you this, the recruits arn't stupid. Most of them cited NU for its tradition and fan base and facilities, those are not changing. The coach is what is the most important so they will look at what kinda coach they are trying to bring in, and weather or not they like them. I personally don't think we will lose more than 20% of our current class before national signing day, but hey I'm an optimist when it comes to NU.

:restore

I think we can certainly expect that they (recruits) will be "heading for the hills"...probably not all of them...but some of them for sure. Loosing Gabbert and Givens would hurt...but certainly not the end of the world. Hopefully Witt will retain his redshirt throughout the season and have four full years left...assuming of course he doesn't decide to transfer...

Sean Fisher is solid NU

"I know they are going through a tough time," he said. "But I want to be a part of getting them back to national status.

"That is definitely where I want to go to school. It has been a dream for a long time. I know, personally, how I feel about it."

I thought the same things. Tradition, Facilities and all would keep players. But, a lot of these guys I feel would be excited about building up a program. Nebraska has awesome facilities but it isn't like it used to be when we were so far a head of everyone else. Losing position players would hurt but I was really excited about the guys comming in on the O-Line. If you like Callahan and the coaching staff or not I think they were able to bring in quality recruits so I don't think it will set the program back a lot if we lose some of these guys. I don't think that Callahan has been all bad for the program. He had a difficult task of changing the offense and I think he has made bad decisions. It wasn't Callahan't idea to over haul Nebraska he was the one who was hired to do it. He made some big mistakes but if he is fired he leaves this program wtih a good foundation of talented players.

Anyway, it would be awesome to keep them that way if BC is gone who ever comes in will be easier for whoever it is to succeed.