Sad but true story

This is second hand, so I may leave a few details out.

I know a gentleman who is a physical therapist close to where I live. He is a good friend of my father in law.

This gentleman worked for Oz as a trainer in the 70's, knows Paul Meyers pretty well.

Apparently, Vince Ferragamo wanted to contribute some pretty good money to the Husker program. I believe there was a stipulation of wanting to come in and help with some coaching, but I don't know that for sure.

He let Meyers know this, and wanted SPXAD to call him to work out the details. SPXAD didn't call Ferrigamo.

Finally, Meyers went in to SPXAD's office, and made him call Vince personally. He left after the conversation got started.

A little while later, Ferragamo calls Meyers, and says he won't give any money to the U while "that son of a ***** is there".

Meyers quit soon thereafter. SPXAD had no answer for that.

Apparently, this was one of the final straws that broke SPXAD's back, when Harv found out.

Take it for what it's worth, but it ain't just a rumor. While this story might not be exact, as it is second hand, but the main theme is there.

That's pretty ballzy to tie being a coach to a donation like that. Seems very odd. Especially from a guy with no coaching experience.

i'd heard a similar story from one of the higher ups from the state department who used to work intimatly with the U but instead wanted to talk to pud and he said he didn't have the time then gave Vince some really crummy nosebleed seats. The number i heard thrown around was between 1.5 mil and 2 mil

That's pretty ballzy to tie being a coach to a donation like that. Seems very odd. Especially from a guy with no coaching experience.

He didn't say that Vince wanted to be a coach, only help with some coaching. Could mean a lot of things, but I read as he'd like to come in and help with QBs. Maybe the QB camp? Former NFL QB, QB'd in a Super Bowl - yeah, I think I'd like to have that helping with my QB camp.

This is second hand, so I may leave a few details out.

I know a gentleman who is a physical therapist close to where I live. He is a good friend of my father in law.

This gentleman worked for Oz as a trainer in the 70's, knows Paul Meyers pretty well.

Apparently, Vince Ferragamo wanted to contribute some pretty good money to the Husker program. I believe there was a stipulation of wanting to come in and help with some coaching, but I don't know that for sure.

He let Meyers know this, and wanted SPXAD to call him to work out the details. SPXAD didn't call Ferrigamo.

Finally, Meyers went in to SPXAD's office, and made him call Vince personally. He left after the conversation got started.

A little while later, Ferragamo calls Meyers, and says he won't give any money to the U while "that son of a ***** is there".

Meyers quit soon thereafter. SPXAD had no answer for that.

Apparently, this was one of the final straws that broke SPXAD's back, when Harv found out.

Take it for what it's worth, but it ain't just a rumor. While this story might not be exact, as it is second hand, but the main theme is there.

I have heard this is pretty accurate. At least the reason why Meyers quit was do to PUD tumbing his nose to Ferragamo's money.

Explains ALOT on TOs letter to the former players. Plus, I wanted to bump this for all of you who think...

1. That we should have kept Pederson.

2. That Pederson's firing was 100% about where the football team is currently at, and that coaching changes are coming soon.

Let's let the season player out, and TO do his job of evaluating these coaches before we start saying who we want as our next head coach.

There's no doubt that Pederson getting fired wasn't all about the football team. I am not sure how you could put a number on what percentage was because of the football teams performance and how much was because of how Pederson ran the shop.

I don't think you can either. I'm just tired of everybody saying/thinking that just because SP got fired, BC (or any other coach for that matter) is gone, no matter what, by the end of the season. So let's start picking new HCs.

There's no doubt that Pederson getting fired wasn't all about the football team. I am not sure how you could put a number on what percentage was because of the football teams performance and how much was because of how Pederson ran the shop.

I don't think you can either. I'm just tired of everybody saying/thinking that just because SP got fired, BC (or any other coach for that matter) is gone, no matter what, by the end of the season. So let's start picking new HCs.

Agreed. Is there a larger probability that a change could happen? Yea for sure. I just don't think it's set in stone. At least Dr. Tom says it isn't. Who are you going to believe? The Dr. or I BLEED RED?

To be honest with you, both. Clownahan could be gone, but that doesn't mean TO fires him. If IBR is correct, Clownahan is gonna resign anyway not be fired by TO.

So who fires him? He has already said he won't quit. Unless something changes he'd have to be fired.

You've added a whole new element now. Now, it's who's lying IBR; TO; or Clownahan? I believe IBR that he's already been bought and paid for meaning he will resign his post as HC sometime after the Texass game. Considering he already lied about a gesture he made that was caught on camera and put on national TV, I'm going to guess Clownahan is the obvious choice.