New book chronicles fall of NU football

vdandy

I supported Coach Callahan when he got here and was willing to give him time to make the changes and get the kids he needed. It didn't work out. I thought that, well hes just stubborn as he just won't change his play calling when things aren't working, because he doesn't have the right kids running it yet. When it works he can say I was running the same stuff when we were losing, now you all can see what I was trying to do back then.

There's more to this mess than that. The AD's office was losing people and donors, the team was not playing with any fire, his defense was turning into one of the worst in the nation. Former players felt unwanted. He showed no fire or emotion on the field and had the same responses after each lose or close call. His loyalty was to Coz not the program and his, I know more than you attitude didn't sit well with anyone.

His days in Oakland seem very similar to what is going on here. This man is not head coach material, college or pros. IMO

GBR!!!

Thank you for an example of an opinion with no attempt to demonize anyone and no name calling.

I wish this book hadn't been written. It does no good and we really don't need any more bad "stuff" happening around here. I think Callahan is a good person, but doesn't care for Nebraska and if he was truly honest would probably say he's ready to start packing. But nothing good comes from a book like this. It's classless.

Does everyone realize that this book is written by an undergrad and it's self-published? Going this route you can say anything and no one - no editor, for example - checks the veracity. You don't buy it from a publisher... it's just a printer.

Are you saying that self-published books are no good? I purchased many books that were self-published that were extremly good. Some people do the self-publishing to get out there. Don't downgrade self-publishing.

I'm saying that I - personally - would take any self-published book with a grain of salt. It certainly seems a bit one-sided to me, from what little I've read about it.

And while I'm thinking about it - the Daily Nebraskan went way out of bounds publishing a story about a book written by a DN staff member. If this guy wants to publicize his book, he should do it on his own time, not in the guise of news. If the editors there expect to go into the real news business, they should first take a course in journalistic ethics.

Does everyone realize that this book is written by an undergrad and it's self-published? Going this route you can say anything and no one - no editor, for example - checks the veracity. You don't buy it from a publisher... it's just a printer.

Are you saying that self-published books are no good? I purchased many books that were self-published that were extremly good. Some people do the self-publishing to get out there. Don't downgrade self-publishing.

I'm saying that I - personally - would take any self-published book with a grain of salt. It certainly seems a bit one-sided to me, from what little I've read about it.

And while I'm thinking about it - the Daily Nebraskan went way out of bounds publishing a story about a book written by a DN staff member. If this guy wants to publicize his book, he should do it on his own time, not in the guise of news. If the editors there expect to go into the real news business, they should first take a course in journalistic ethics.

Ok, I took it as you were saying self-published books are BS and shouldn't be trusted and or read! Hit a nerve because I'm writing a book and it's easier and quicker than going through a publishing company! It probably is one-sided and who knows how many people he interviewed. Did he even interview the coaching staffs or players and what not? Won't know until I read it or someone else reads it and gives a synopsis and their opinion.

Thanks for clarifying.

:bonez