NU #2 in recruiting wars

RedCountry

Well for what its worth, we're still #2 overall in the team recruiting ranks. Altho I dont give much credence to these things until signing day, I will say it cant hurt to get the extra pub this brings us, which may influence some croots that are on teh fence who want to play with other talent. Lets face it, kids this age are fickle and we'd probly be surprised what influences them. Remember how the Fab 5 came to be?? :thumbs

sure we will probs move ahead of virginia but teams like okie, ohio state, texas, lsu, georgia, and tennessee,usc, miami all have good rankings and not as many recruits.

If you stop a minute and think about it.Those guys arent bad company to have around you when speaking of recruiting.Im sure things will change some before LOI day. But every time I look at the recruit list it makes my smile :) .The future looks very bright for us.Hang in there all. :thumbs

Something else I read. If we get a few recruits to commit, that don't have NU exactely #1 on their list, but can get them to pull the trigger, It's possible for Nebraska to have 10% of the top 100 commit to NU. Out of 100 or whatever D-1 colleges.

Many of the recruits, that have not committed yet, are really taking notice now of this recruting class NU has in place. It's finally starting to strike them that something is happeneing in Lincoln and they want to be part of it.

Something else I read. If we get a few recruits to commit, that don't have NU exactely #1 on their list, but can get them to pull the trigger, It's possible for Nebraska to have 10% of the top 100 commit to NU. Out of 100 or whatever D-1 colleges.

Many of the recruits, that have not committed yet, are really taking notice now of this recruting class NU has in place. It's finally starting to strike them that something is happeneing in Lincoln and they want to be part of it.

Good info. Its shaping up to be the first of many great recruiting classes.There are some big names that we still have on are radar.I think with every day passing the prospect of early playing time at a school like Nebraska will sway some more great players are way.

Sounds like we may have a few extra schollies to give out with people leaving the team. :(

I really wonder about their player relations skills. Sure they might be good at getting them here but can they keep them here? I mean nebraska players that have been on the team are good kids that aren't to me me me. These kids they are bringing in are all going to be me me me. Hope they know how to handle them because it doesn't look like they are doing to good of a job with the one's they got now.

Sounds like we may have a few extra schollies to give out with people leaving the team. :(

I really wonder about their player relations skills. Sure they might be good at getting them here but can they keep them here? I mean nebraska players that have been on the team are good kids that aren't to me me me. These kids they are bringing in are all going to be me me me. Hope they know how to handle them because it doesn't look like they are doing to good of a job with the one's they got now.

I don't know if I agree with you on the me me me part about the kids that are coming in. Is it just because they a good players and rated high? All the articles I've seen about them say they want to help Nebraska win Championships.

A valid concern - but then again, just because these are highly ranked kids doesn't mean they have attitudes. If anything, Callahan's handling of Incognito and the recruiting of Bright indicates that he places some premium on character.

Yeah, some guys have left this year's team, and the business with the warm-ups was bad for morale, but it usually seems that when a new coach comes in you see some players that want to leave. Given the players' comments at Florida, odds are it will happen there, for example.

Part of what's driving the losses for NU, I would guess, is the frustration with the record. It magnifies every problem the player has on a personal level - playing time or the way they are being used. It's easier to hold those in check when you're winning and dominating.

Anyway, like I said - your point is valid. We'll have to wait to see what happens.

Keep in mind that these rankings are not really that important. Its more important that we find talent to fill our needs and fit our system.

i.e. the Texas vs OU recruiting strategies. Texas recruits the best talent available independent of what they need or who fits, and OU fills holes. See V-Young. OU didnt even recruit him b/c they knew he would be worthless in their system. And I think the record b/t the two teams says all you need to know about which strategy works best. So anywhere in the top 25 is fine by me.