Question for you Aggie fans out there

I follow the Aggies pretty closely (my daughter just graduated from A&M). They will not be gunshy at all if that's what needs to be done. Plus, Fran really screwed himself with the VIP Connection newsletter. It was a breach of his contract which could technically give Texas A&M grounds to terminate the deal without a buyout.

They probably will negotiate something far less than the full amount.

I follow the Aggies pretty closely (my daughter just graduated from A&M). They will not be gunshy at all if that's what needs to be done. Plus, Fran really screwed himself with the VIP Connection newsletter. It was a breach of his contract which could technically give Texas A&M grounds to terminate the deal without a buyout.

They probably will negotiate something far less than the full amount.

Good point. :thumbs

At this point, I think the Ags just want that example of outstanding mediocrity out of College Station.

I'm confident Byrne has already compliled his list. He's made great hires before, and we're all interested to see what he can do now with the sport that matters most.

Byrne will do whatever it takes to get Fran out, hopefully at a minimal cost. The VIP Connection should have voided the buyout, and should go smoothly, unless Fran decides to fight it, then who knows?

I don't think the money is going to be an issue at all. With the VIP scandal, it's pretty much assumed that the buyout will be GREATLY reduced. He's embarrassed the university, violated NCAA rules, and now he's losing recruits. Those were pretty much outlined in his contract as no-nos, and they're all grounds for termination. Let's say we get it down to a $2 million buyout...we don't even have to pay that as a lump sum.

The only issue I can see is if there's a buyout for whomever coach we go after to replace Fran. Rumors are they might be going after Tuberville. If so, I think he has a $6 million buyout. That's the tough part. It might keep us from going after who we REALLY want. But Fran's buyout won't be an issue. The Aggie alumni have pretty deep pockets.

The Aggies are ready for Fran to go. They have one of the largest football budgets in the nation, as well as top-notch facilities and this guy (Fran) has seriously underperformed and will get the boot, although probably at the end of the year. He's bad (Fran), but he's not a first-rate arse like Callahan. No slight to Huskers or their fans intended; Taliban Callahan needs to go in a big way so Husker football gets back on the right track. Same for Fran and the Aggies; they used to be fearless with a punishing D and now they strike fear in nobody.