do you believe the rumors?

what do you believe  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe the essence of the rumors (that changes will come sooner rather than later), although I'm sure there are certain details that may be muddled or changed from moment to moment. In a fluid situation like this, what may be the case one minute, may very well be completely different the next.

As for how TO's public comments relate to this, living in Birmingham I've witnessed 7-8 (8 if you count the aborted attempt to replace Tommy Tubberville a few years ago) coaching change situations at the local programs in the last 12 years or so. As a displaced Nebraskan, I know VERY well that these programs aren't Nebraska, but there's a certain amount of very diplomatic, parsed language that is used by administration personnel during these situations that certainly seems familiar. I don't think it's a matter of TO being dishonest, but it does seem like he's choosing his words rather carefully to be very diplomatic, and to allow some flexibility in how things are handled. He could decide tomorrow to dismiss BC & KC because of new developments that caused him to reevaluate his plan. That wouldn't make him a liar, it would just mean that he adapted his thinking to the ongoing, fluid situation.

I believe the essence of the rumors (that changes will come sooner rather than later), although I'm sure there are certain details that may be muddled or changed from moment to moment.

I Agree..

I don't think it's a matter of TO being dishonest, but it does seem like he's choosing his words rather carefully to be very diplomatic, and to allow some flexibility in how things are handled. He could decide tomorrow to dismiss BC & KC because of new developments that caused him to reevaluate his plan. That wouldn't make him a liar, it would just mean that he adapted his thinking to the ongoing, fluid situation.

I believe Tom is being very diplomatic, but I also believe the decision has been made to remove this coaching staff. Given the contracts, changes needed, people (and egos) involved, I believe this is more CYA speak than anything.

I keep thinking back to Tom's press conference and the number of times he tripped up with talking about change, just to back track and say if any are made, or maybe none at all, etc...

I believe Tom is being very diplomatic, but I also believe the decision has been made to remove this coaching staff. Given the contracts, changes needed, people (and egos) involved, I believe this is more CYA speak than anything.

I keep thinking back to Tom's press conference and the number of times he tripped up with talking about change, just to back track and say if any are made, or maybe none at all, etc...

Exactly.

I'm the new guy here so I'm not trying to cast aspersions at any other members. But I have to be honest and say the problem I have with some of the coaching change predictions is that they make Tom out to be a liar. At the Big Red breakfast Friday morning Osborne said,

"What the heck good would it do if you got rid of coaching staff now? Who would coach them? You can’t do that. And I'm not suggesting that’s even in the thought process."

It seems to me that statement goes beyond your run-of-the-mill denial that is commonly issued any time personnel changes are in the works. It's a situation that causes me a lot of ambivalence because I want to believe Callahan will be gone by the end of the season but I wouldn't want to see Tom's reputation damaged. I HOPE you prognosticators are right, but it's going to be a long couple of weeks waiting for that Texas game!

I'm the new guy here so I'm not trying to cast aspersions at any other members. But I have to be honest and say the problem I have with some of the coaching change predictions is that they make Tom out to be a liar. At the Big Red breakfast Friday morning Osborne said,

"What the heck good would it do if you got rid of coaching staff now? Who would coach them? You can’t do that. And I'm not suggesting that’s even in the thought process."

It seems to me that statement goes beyond your run-of-the-mill denial that is commonly issued any time personnel changes are in the works. It's a situation that causes me a lot of ambivalence because I want to believe Callahan will be gone by the end of the season but I wouldn't want to see Tom's reputation damaged. I HOPE you prognosticators are right, but it's going to be a long couple of weeks waiting for that Texas game!

I want to see the coaches go just as bad as the next person, however I just don't see TO doing anything until the last whistle blows at the end of the CU game. I would be more than happy to see them leave of their own free will though. :flush:frenchy