Shawn Watson was calling the plays

Why do these threads get so critical? Same arguments each week. If Watson called some plays, so what? To me that's effort for trying something different whether it worked or not.

"Keep Watson, Fire Cally, Hire Bo, Get rid of Coz, the coaches dont care, they dont try anything...." on and on and on. Damn.

IDK if any of you listened to the game, but if you did, they talked about how Callahan gave the play calling job to Watson, so the coaching staff is atleast trying to find a solution and work things out, maybe we should start blaming the players who cant make the plays they are supposed to .

Supposedly Callahan relinquished that power.

This is just a rumor, but supposedly Callahan was calling the plays post-halftime -- 0 points scored post-halftime.

All I can say is this: Our coaches are to blame. I'm sorry, but our players are to blame as well.

There is ABSOLUTELY no viable excuse for what we (Nebraska fans) and others around the football world have witnessed from Nebraska football. Period.

The defending of our player's poor play needs to stop. They're big boys. This isn't like criticizing a pee-wee football team's players. Most of them have their college paid for (not I, I'm paying ~$300 a month in student loans from UNL). I still had PLENTY of time to waste, or in the Nebraska Football team's players case...practice and get better. They are here to play football...plain and simple.

Either way, even the most objective observer can see that there is a problem with both our coaching and players. Whether our player's performances can be attributed to coaching...we may never know.

The one thing I do know: The recent performance of Nebraska football is unacceptable.

I think it is time for me to stop living vicariously through Nebraska football. But after all, regardless of the Webster's definition of a fan, isn't that exactly what a "fan" is?

What to do...what to do?

Perhaps....but I'd be willing to bet the farm these kids would perform much better under a different coaching staff! :)

okay, but i would be willing to bet the farm that if the coaches had better players they would perform much better. i am not defending this coaching staff, but they didn't fumble punts in crucial situations. what is different from this team and the teams from 2005 and 2006? the principles from that coaching staff (head coach, def. coordinator, O-line coach, etc) are the same and most people would agree that they saw progress and improvment. the obvious, major difference is the players.

Why do these threads get so critical? Same arguments each week. If Watson called some plays, so what? To me that's effort for trying something different whether it worked or not.

"Keep Watson, Fire Cally, Hire Bo, Get rid of Coz, the coaches dont care, they dont try anything...." on and on and on. Damn.

I think the question here is who suggested the change? BC or TO? Maybe BC cares and is doing anything he can to salvage this season. However I'm more inclined to think he asked TO for some input and this was his suggestion. That is since BC can'g adjust on his own. :)