Texas Fans

pdiddy24

most of us Longhorns fans are decent, actually no offense but I get more hatred from Nebraskans when I wear Longhorns stuff then I ever did when I would wear Husker stuff in Texas

Go to a Buffs game in CO, talk about being hated. You take your life in your own hands out there.

most of us Longhorns fans are decent, actually no offense but I get more hatred from Nebraskans when I wear Longhorns stuff then I ever did when I would wear Husker stuff in Texas

What are u doing wearing both Nebraska and Texas gear. You cant be a fan of both.....pick one.....

Do us all a favor and just wear the Texas gear because you obviously aren't a true Husker wearing burnt orange.

:bonez

just like every school, they have their share of rude fans. they're definitely better than CU and Tech, by far. if I had to rate the entire Big 12 by their fans, (with 1 being the best) texas would probably be around a 7. of course, the older 'horns are much better than the students. and remember that texas has a HUGE amount of t-shirt fans that didn't actually go to school there. so there's a very good chance that if you do get harrassed, it's not going to be by someone that actually went/goes to school there.

I don't know about anyone else but when I see someone wearing Texas gear (especially in Lincoln) I automatically think they jumped on the bandwagon when Texas won the NC. And that makes me hate that person...

I've lived here in Austin for 20 years. I wear red, go to baseball & football games when the huskers come to town and host game watching parties which mix huskers & longhorns (my wife is a longhorn). The one and only time I've been bothered was at a baseball game when I was hit with a peanut after we beat Texas. There is a beer & bbq place near the stadium called Shultz's that was 75% Huskers after the last time they played football here. Everyone got along great - of course, the longhorn fans are usually in a good mood after winning.......I was expecting to test their hospitality this year with a win, but I've lost that hope. We have a group here (Capital of Texas Nebraskans) that gets together at a bar to watch the games. We fill the place with red and I usually love watching with them, but I've taken to watching/listening to the games at home this year. I do like hearing a unsuspecting longhorn say WTF? when he/she walks into the bar during one of our game watching parties.....maybe its time for me to get back out there and watch with them!

One last thing - the real problem fans are the LSU fans - there are a lot of them around here and they really bug me!

GBR!

What are u doing wearing both Nebraska and Texas gear. You cant be a fan of both.....pick one.....

Do us all a favor and just wear the Texas gear because you obviously aren't a true Husker wearing burnt orange.

:bonez

if you really care, go read my post in the introduce yourself thread, I am in fact a longhorn AND a Husker fan, i was born and raised in Texas my dad's side is all Longhorns fans ,my mom was born and raised in Nebraska and my moms side is all Nebraska fans, I'm torn between both teams but yes I do wear Burnt Orange over Husker Red when the teams play eachother, sounds retarded I know, but it is what it is

I don't know about anyone else but when I see someone wearing Texas gear (especially in Lincoln) I automatically think they jumped on the bandwagon when Texas won the NC. And that makes me hate that person...

thats true for most "longhorns fans" in Lincoln and i hate that as well, but I grew up a Longhorns AND a Husker fan