Spencer Tillman on Callahan, et al

Yeah, I have an answer here somewhere....ah, here it is.....uh WHAT???

After reading Spenser's story, I have come to the conclusion, he should stick to the wishbone.

I'm sorry I missed that tackle coach, but it wasn't my fault. Nobody hugged me when I was a child. I would have caught that ball coach, but some guy booed me. I missed that coverage because we were poor, and my family couldn't afford to buy me a G.I. Joe with Kung Fu grip for Christmas.

Excuse me people, when did football stop being a "men's" sport? Whatever happened to lining up across from the the other guy and ripping his darn head off?

In my opinion, this isn't the "y" generation, this is the result of the "P.C." generation. Throughout the 90's we have seen "Political Correctness" forced into schools, fostering a belief that if something doesn't go your way, somehow you are a victim, giving a person an excuse to quit. The belief of not keeping score, because "It will make the kids feel bad if they lose" garbage, plays a large part of this also. "Being gracious to your opponent when you win" as well as "Learning from a loss" are an integral part of sports. It prepares you for life after sports. Bowden states that ten years ago you could ask a player to "Run through a brick wall." Now they ask "Why?" Instead of coddling them, why don't you explain to him that guy listed below him on the depth chart will be more than happy, to get his opportunity, in that player's spot. If that isn't motivation enough, then he doesn't belong in Division 1 football. IMO the "why" players care more about themselves, than the team.