Detroit riot!!!!!!!

RedCountry

Artest shouldn't have went up there in the stands but I really can't say I blame him. In the heat of the moment when some jackass throws beer and cup on you it would be hard not to especially when he wasn't doing nothing.

I thought the fans were just as much if not more at fault and think it's ridiculous that the players are getting most of the blame for this.

I thought the security was ridiculous. A good security would of jumped the fan who threw that beer and artest when he tried to run up there and it would of been done with and not a big deal but there wasn't any security in sight.

My final thought is that no beer should be allowed at any sporting event. I don't think alot of this would of happen if you don't have a bunch of drunk fans at a game.

The security was obviously sub-par, but athletes that are paid big money should be held accountable. Fans are unruly everywhere that that is nothing new.

If the NBA wants to really send a message, they would either kick out Artest and his lackies or at least suspend them for the rest of the year. Artest has always been a punk.

The security was obviously sub-par, but athletes that are paid big money should be held accountable. Fans are unruly everywhere that that is nothing new.

If the NBA wants to really send a message, they would either kick out Artest and his lackies or at least suspend them for the rest of the year. Artest has always been a punk.

Yes he is a dipstick but he is not at full blame. I don't think any more than 10 games, he should be suspended.

He just did what any other person would have did. If I go up to dave h and throw a beer on you for no reason, what are you going to do? Just sit there and act like nothing happen. No your going to get up and show me whats up. It's just a reaction.

Agreed with both of you to an extent. Yes it wouldnt have happened if the fan didnt throw the cup. But it also wouldnt have happened if Wallace wouldnt have pushed ARtest,, and if ARtest wouldnt have fouled Wallace hard,, and Wallace wouldnt have done that if Artest wasnt so notorious for being a thug,, on and on.

So I think you have to look at the point where all hell broke loose, and the direct cause for that. Which was ARtest going into the stands. I dont give a rats ass what happens to you, grow the F up and let security sort it out. I realize security seemed like they were probably doing keg stands in the back but Artest is the one that caused all this.

And i know this is irrelevant, but he's such a punk b**ch for not just squaring off with wallace and getting it over with. No, he had to take it out on the smallest guy with glasses he could find, he didnt even throw teh cup,, if you notice that kid still had his drink in his hand when ARtest jacked him up. Then the punk decided to pop a couple of fat mexicans to show how tough he was. Yes they deserved what they got for coming onto the court,, in most situations. But this wasnt most situations. this was chaos. And when the players break the "veil" and go into the stands, its a free for all, so I dont blame the fans for being on the court. Again I blame artest, b/c he didnt have to pop that guy,,, he couldve walked in the other direction,, he was half his size and fat and drunk,,, and not exactly threatening him.

Bottom line, ARtest and O Neal and jackson were the genesis for the whole fiasco and should be bounced for the season to make a point.

Yes he is a dipstick but he is not at full blame. I don't think any more than 10 games, he should be suspended.

He just did what any other person would have did. If I go up to dave h and throw a beer on you for no reason, what are you going to do? Just sit there and act like nothing happen. No your going to get up and show me whats up. It's just a reaction.

Yeah maybe between two "civilians" in a bar of course,, but these thugs need to realize they are getting paid many millions of dollars to NOT act like cilivilans, so they need to keep their heads. You dont see football players going into the stands when fans throw crap at them, and they get beer poured on them all the damn time. Weak defense Benard.

So because they get paid millions of dollars, we are suppose to put them on a pedistal and we get to treat them like trash during a game. Just because they are players, gives the fans no right to throw anything, whatsoever at them during a game. People are suppose to be fans not a bunch of white-trash punks that think that they can do what ever they want.

So because they get paid millions of dollars, we are suppose to put them on a pedistal and we get to treat them like trash during a game. Just because they are players, gives the fans no right to throw anything, whatsoever at them during a game. People are suppose to be fans not a bunch of white-trash punks that think that they can do what ever they want.

Right, but it isn't the players responsibility to keep the fans in check. It is the arena security folk's job.

Of course they cant do anything they want to them, but like Dave said it doesnt matter what does happen to them, its not their right to play security guard. If they want that job they should keep up their BS and they will be making 20K per year again real soon. The bottom line is that mele never happens if that black trash Artest doesnt have a roid rage. :steam

Of course they cant do anything they want to them, but like Dave said it doesnt matter what does happen to them, its not their right to play security guard. If they want that job they should keep up their BS and they will be making 20K per year again real soon. The bottom line is that mele never happens if that black trash Artest doesnt have a roid rage. :steam

It doesn't happen if some drunken, white trash, loser doesn't throw a beer at Artest.

Artest didn't want a piece of Wallace so he backed off. As soon as dingleberry threw his cup Artest jumped the wrong dude. Should the retard of thrown the beer? No. Should Artest freaked out and ran into the stands? No. It is ok for Artest to run into the stands after gettting hit by a cup, but not ok for Callahan to call people throwing oranges f###in hillbillies. Artest can go make his rap album and join Rodman on the freak train.

I believe the suspensions were in order. However, there needs to be a serious crack down on fans thinking that their ticket buys them the right to do or say what they want. Freakin Hillbillies er, uh I mean fans need to know their place and boundaries just like players do. I for one have never understood seats being right on the court in basketball. Why don't you have sideline seats at a football game or first base seats at a baseball game? Answer: Because people can get F%*&ing HURT. The point is, yes professional players and coaches should be able to show restraint, but they are also human and should not be provoked either. My son and I went to the Clippers vs Rockets game the day after this incident. We had great seats about the fifth row up from the floor. I was sitting there watching the likes of Elton Brand, Mo Taylor, not to mention 7'6" Yao and I thought, who in there right mind would throw something at one of these guys? The answer 1. someone who needs their pants specially altered in the crotch, 2. A hillbilly, or 3. Someone thinking $$$$ ca-ching. Players in the stands in wrong...fans throwing things at players is equally wrong. :box