Getting rid of Callahan

NPhusker

This is just another rumor and i dont even beleive it right now, but i am posting this cause i want to know if anyone else has heard anything about this.

My uncle told me that there was a clause in Callahan's contract that said NU can fire him and they dont have to pay him the rest of his contract. My uncle told me about this, and he said it is some sort of performance clause or something, but i dont think Callahan would sign this contract if it said this. My uncle said there was a web site that you can go to and see Callahan's contract and that is where you will find this clause. He told me he was going to send me the website and as soon as he does i will look it up and post the website on here.

Dont crucify me on this because I dont beleive it right now, but i just want to know if anyone has heard anything relating to this.

I agree with you, I don't think Callahan would sign a contract with a performance clause. Ofcourse, when he signed the extension things were going good for him.

:nutz:rollin

I would have thought in today's age having a performance clause would be regular in contracts. But if Callahan didn't have that in his contract then SP really is stupid. No school or football team would have blind faith in their coach no mattter where especially where this is a business.

I agree with you, I don't think Callahan would sign a contract with a performance clause. Ofcourse, when he signed the extension things were going good for him.

:nutz:rollin

I would have thought in today's age having a performance clause would be regular in contracts. But if Callahan didn't have that in his contract then SP really is stupid. No school or football team would have blind faith in their coach no mattter where especially where this is a business.

When was the last time you signs of intelligence where SP was concerned?

:corndance:nutz

did anyone watch friday night lights last night? the game at the very beginning reminded me of cosgrove or callahan play calling. They kept running the run over and over and getting shut down and the players were like are you kidding? If you didn't catch it and want to they should have the episode up on nbc.com sometime soon.

Just thought it was funny.

According to the OWH, in Pederson's contract, there were clauses in there that would justify not paying out the remainder of the contract. They were things such as stealing, cheating, etc. In other words, crimes and so forth. But, there wasn't a performance clause in his, and they said there likely wasn't one in Callahan's contract either. Actually, I'm not even sure it would be legal if it did say, "If you don't win X amount of games, then you don't get paid."