Props from Texas fan who attended game

I attended the game and ended up sitting in the Nebraska section. I was very impressed with the performance of your team. Your PLAYERS came to play, not so sure about your coaches. We saw a lot of heart from your team. They carried the fight to Texas. They controlled the line of scrimmage for MOST of the game. We eventually were able to take advantage of your blitzes and spring our back, but for the most part, you put big pressure on our QB and protected yours very well. We got very little, if any pressure on your QB. Plus, your backs had big lanes to run through. Worst of all, your QB did a great job of looking off the primary receiver, and then finding him wide open over the middle. That slow, white reciver was wide open over and over, and we kept calling the play in the stands before it happened. What i didn't like was the play calling. Why so conservative? So many lame runs, and very few balls downfield, and it seemed like your coaches were playing not to lose. We are just not that good this year. Our o-line is very inexperienced, and our poor Qb spends most of every game scrambling for his life. Again, the blitzes cost you, as at the end, when Charles got sprung, he found himself in open space and used his speed to separate. Verdict--your players played hard, but the coaches didn't exploit our many weaknesses. We are hopelessly overrated, and were ripe for beating. Heck, BAYLOR was even with us in the fourth quarter last week.

Your fans disappointed me--I have heard so much about the amazing Nebraska fans, and the ones I saw and spoke to were very nice. There were many of them here, in the endzone, and a ton in the upper deck. Those poor people in the upper deck sat in the blazing sun throughout the game, and chered mightlity. I liked them. Plus you brought a small band, but they kept up the nose, and the fans for the most part backed them up. When you went up big, a player made some x sign and fans went wild! Why the disappointment? When we went up by ten with four minutes left, a surprisingly large number of Nebraska fans in my section started heading for the exits! Did they not understand that there was still plenty of time left? And sure enough, you made a fine comeback, and the game came down to the wire.

Coaches: Our coaches suck, and our bizzre missuse of two point conversion attempts infuriated me. Still, Callahan wastes timoouts, and let the clock run in weird ways. He is very conservative and wasted your many opportunities. Both staffs are clueless.

FYI, Texas fans have NOTHING but respect for the Nebraska program. We have no hatred for you, and we want you to return to greatness. All week long, the talk on our radio and in the papers was that Petereson aand Callahan have ruined a fine program. We love the long history of Nebraska recruiting your home state, and we respect how Nebraska boys would do anything for the program. That is something we greatly believe in ourselves, and we have no doubt the right coach will restore this venerable program. While I am glad we have continued our recent mastery over you, I want to wish you the best of luck, and I want you to know how much we respect you and what you represent to college football and our country. God bless and keep the faith. May we have many more years of great games!

Why did they head for the exits? Have you seen or even heard about our infamous collapses...and how they usually snowball?

What you seen today was a little bit of Nebraska football, but not like we are used to seeing. Our lame runs used to be our bread and butter. We are kind of having an identity crisis...lol. Even our recruiting has changed. It used to be that we got a lot of kids from Nebraska...big farm boys. Now we recruit from CA, TX, FL...seems like if your from Nebraska, you better be one of the top recruits in the country or your a walk on.

We are struggling. There are those that believe in tradition, then a minority that wanted to bring us into the "21st Century" with a more modern offense. The answer lies somewhere in between.

Why did they head for the exits? Have you seen or even heard about our infamous collapses...and how they usually snowball?

What you seen today was a little bit of Nebraska football, but not like we are used to seeing. Our lame runs used to be our bread and butter. We are kind of having an identity crisis...lol. Even our recruiting has changed. It used to be that we got a lot of kids from Nebraska...big farm boys. Now we recruit from CA, TX, FL...seems like if your from Nebraska, you better be one of the top recruits in the country or your a walk on.

We are struggling. There are those that believe in tradition, then a minority that wanted to bring us into the "21st Century" with a more modern offense. The answer lies somewhere in between.

I was surprised they headed for the exits. The team was fighting hard, and those fans gave up on them. I guess I know too much about UT to know we weren't going to put this game away, lol. We were already laughing about how it would come down to an onside kick, and sure enough, we were right. Why travel all the way from Nebraska and then leave during a still-tight game? Our fans are usually the lame ones. We mostly sit on our hands, and you could hear a pin drop in the stadium when you went up big.

Our teams showed lots of heart, but your team came to win aqnd played their hearts out. The fans need to support.

I was surprised they headed for the exits. The team was fighting hard, and those fans gave up on them. I guess I know too much about UT to know we weren't going to put this game away, lol. We were already laughing about how it would come down to an onside kick, and sure enough, we were right. Why travel all the way from Nebraska and then leave during a still-tight game? Our fans are usually the lame ones. We mostly sit on our hands, and you could hear a pin drop in the stadium when you went up big.

Our teams showed lots of heart, but your team came to win aqnd played their hearts out. The fans need to support.

the only fans that head for the exits are the ones that probably have season tickets and go to every game, and travel to alot of road ones, i imagine. Because to me, i just can't bear the thought of paying over 200 bucks on an afternoon of football with my family and then NOT soaking up every minute of it.

I will never leave early from a Nebraska game, and it disapoints me that some people would; especially when the game was still well within reach.

the only fans that head for the exits are the ones that probably have season tickets and go to every game, and travel to alot of road ones, i imagine. Because to me, i just can't bear the thought of paying over 200 bucks on an afternoon of football with my family and then NOT soaking up every minute of it.

I will never leave early from a Nebraska game, and it disapoints me that some people would; especially when the game was still well within reach.

I don't know about that.... Many of the season ticket holders that I know stay 'til the clock hits zero... who knows, maybe the ones who leave early can't take the losing any longer.

When one is accustomed to a winning program for a long period of time, the effect of losing could take a lot out of 'em.... Just a theory.

I beleive the fans left for two reasons. One was that these fans were probably season ticket holders like general blackshirt said and they just dont appreciate these games like the people who have to fight for their tickets. Also i think the fact that the last three weeks our team has practically laid down when they get behind. I wish our fans would stay for the whole thing also but this can kinda be expected with the state of our program.

I beleive the fans left for two reasons. One was that these fans were probably season ticket holders like general blackshirt said and they just dont appreciate these games like the people who have to fight for their tickets. Also i think the fact that the last three weeks our team has practically laid down when they get behind. I wish our fans would stay for the whole thing also but this can kinda be expected with the state of our program.

And another thing: What the hell is that "Bob's Big Boy" figure doing on the sideline? That cute little creature isn't exactly conveying a menacing image, or inciting fear into your opponents, lol. Of course, we have a stupid guy in a cow costume. Weirdest of all was when the Bob's Big Boy stood on his head and started spinning. That was surreal, in a DEVO kind of way.

Why the disappointment? When we went up by ten with four minutes left, a surprisingly large number of Nebraska fans in my section started heading for the exits! Did they not understand that there was still plenty of time left? And sure enough, you made a fine comeback, and the game came down to the wire.

Given the way this season has gone and the fact that we had gone from a 17-3 lead to giving up five unanswered scores...maybe some people believeit is a reason to beat the traffic and get out early.

I , for one, would have been there to the bitter end if I had been at the game -- but that's just me. :)

I was sitting in the upper deck with my son and when we went from a 14 point lead to a 10 point deficit the ones who started leaving were the whiney fans just waiting for a reason to say "See, I told you they suck"! We stayed to the very end and we watched a very good football game! I've seen my Huskers lose down here so many times, I'm also frustrated, BUT, I really enjoyed watch this game (I only we could have won!).

On to the play calling - WTF?- was there ever a 1st down play that wasn't a run up the middle? We called the play EVERYTIME! The coaches lost this game - TO, if your listening, please go ahead and fire these guys - they have given up and are just waiting for their buyouts - givem their money and lets get our kids some coaches that care about them!

It's disappointing to hear that our fans were leaving early, especially during this game in which I felt we were never out of it. I traveled to Nebraska to see them play Oklahoma State this year and I still stayed to the end.

I have lost all respect for Husker fans. They will drive whatever happens to this team over the next few years.

It's disappointing to hear that our fans were leaving early, especially during this game in which I felt we were never out of it. I traveled to Nebraska to see them play Oklahoma State this year and I still stayed to the end.

I have lost all respect for Husker fans. They will drive whatever happens to this team over the next few years.

Why such a negative attitude? Lost all respect? Why? Because they are frustrated with the losing? Because the want answers/changes? I not sure wy you should have lost all respect.