Joe Ganz

IceMan

Hey jb61264, are you kidding me? Keller has been the lone bright spot for this offense all year long. The games he has struggled it's been because he was running for his life. Do you remember how bad we made Peyton Manning look back in 1997? It's not always the player. He was spot on yesterday and performed great. His only turnover came as a result of a sack that wasn't his fault (his O-line was responsible for that). Stop the 11 year-old daughter talk, you're only embarassing yourself in front of those of us who know football. Just becuase Ganz is more mobile doesn't mean his is a scrambling quarterback. He's not Mike Vick, Vince Young, Dennis Dixon or even Jake Locker. Teams are not going to have to game plan for his scrambling ability. It simply means that he can move a little better to avoid a pass rush. I hope he does great, just stop acting like we had Tommie Frazier as our second string and they were starting Jamaal Lord.

Sorry father5, you're the one embarassing yourself if you think Keller is anything better than an average quarterback. "lone bright spot for this offense"...I have to disagree with you 200%...we don't even use the absolute best talent on offense that we have (Maurice Purify)...Keller finds him maybe once or twice a game???WTF???...an offense is only as good as its quarterback and its obvious that our offense isn't that great.

Being one-dimensional as Keller only adds pressure to the rest of the offense. Defensive coordinators know Keller can't scramble...hell, he can't run period...I don't need Tommie Frazier or Dennis Dixon, but if you had your eyes open for the couple plays Ganz was in there, you saw what a running QB could do to open things up a bit more.

I can't believe this would even be an issue Keller is a better quarterback Ganz had 3 good plays. don't get me wrong i think Ganz is a very capable backup and could easily takeover the starting spot and do well but, Keller is the starter for one reason........He's Better.

i agree that Keller is better than Ganz...not by much tho...Keller is the best we have and should be starting but bottom line is that Keller is average at best

I can't believe this would even be an issue Keller is a better quarterback Ganz had 3 good plays. don't get me wrong i think Ganz is a very capable backup and could easily takeover the starting spot and do well but, Keller is the starter for one reason........He's Better.

i agree that Keller is better than Ganz...not by much tho...Keller is the best we have and should be starting but bottom line is that Keller is average at best

Just to clear things up i was saying Keller was Tom Brady or anything just that i think he's the clear starter.

With Keller in bad shape. It realy is a shame that Ganz didn't get any real playing time this season. All those blow outs he could have played in the 4th quarter.

Yet another one of Callahan's bad decisions - not giving more playing time to 2nd & 3rd stringers until late in the season.

I was going to say to put in Lee or Witt if Keller is hurt, do we want another one year guy or someone who could start the next 3 years (Lee) or even four years (Witt). The coaches seemed to be very impressed about Lee and Witt in practice I say give one of them some experience ( I think Lee would be able to play better right away) and hope he can start the next 3 years and then Witt could go for the next 2 after he redshirts this season

In the World Herald this morning it said that Keller bypassed the media and went straight into the arms of his family & friends. Sam Keller cried. It makes one think that Sam knows he hurt pretty bad and that perhaps his season is over. HOWEVER! He didn't hurt his passing arm, it was the left arm. It really depends on what was broken. If it was his collarbone then ouch..he's probably done. But if just a pulled ligament or muscle sprain of some sort maybe he'll be back after a rest?

Get well soon Sammy!

TLS2

If Keller remains injured for the next game or the season....I think Ganz will surprise many people.

I was going to say to put in Lee or Witt if Keller is hurt, do we want another one year guy or someone who could start the next 3 years (Lee) or even four years (Witt). The coaches seemed to be very impressed about Lee and Witt in practice I say give one of them some experience ( I think Lee would be able to play better right away) and hope he can start the next 3 years and then Witt could go for the next 2 after he redshirts this season

I don't think it makes much sense to burn a redshirt for 3 games when you have somone else who will do fine, and may start next year anyways.

I don't think it makes much sense to burn a redshirt for 3 games when you have somone else who will do fine, and may start next year anyways.

think of it saving the redshirt incase of an injury not wasting it