Well atleast we know why Keller was the starter

NPhusker

Keller was the starter because he really was better than Ganz at running this offense. Just like i said in another post, we will get the same results from ganz just in a different way. I am not trying to bash Ganz either by saying this, i am just saying that Keller really did deserve the starting position and wasnt jsut handed the job.

Ganz's number were 25-50 for 405 with 4 TD's and 4 INT's (1 rushing TD), if we had Keller we would have gotten a better completion percentage maybe with some more yards, probably not as many INT's but we wouldnt have seen him run for the TD or make plays with his feet.

Having said that i think both QB's are in the wrong system and both would be doing much better in the right system. However Keller was slightly better in this system.

I am excited to see what Ganz can do next year under a new system.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Keller would've never been as mobile as Ganz was in this game. When Ganz ran it it in for a touchdown I thought to myself, 'Keller would never have done that. He would've been tackled where he stood.' Keller was a moderate quarterback...nothing more, nothing less. For his first time out I thought Joey Ganz did a nice job. It was his first game for crying out loud! Give him a break. I really thought we came out looking pretty good that first quarter. It was the defense that lost this game anyway, not the offense. I'm looking forward to what we will do against Kansas St. They got beat by Iowa St. today and Colorado is losing to Missouri so we shall see. IT AIN'T OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS!!

GBR!!!!

TLS2

You're joking right? Would Sam Keller have scored 80 points or something?

Listen, I know there were some interceptions thrown..but to me, he started doing that when NU got down by so many. Almost as if he was trying to force plays to happen, because the defense couldn't stop KU's offense.

I personally thought the offense played pretty damn good for racking up so many points and yardage against one of the top 10 defenses in the country.

Who have they played thats had a good offense? That team is not one of the top ten in the nation. Don't even bringup the score as a reason why they should be, since that same team only scored 19 point last week against Texas A & M.

Ganz ran the option once, so he must be better

Well, I'm likely to agree with that actually, despite the fact I suspect you were kidding.

Ganz did, obviously, play quite a bit better than Keller. 39 points on the road says a lot in comparison to recent production under Keller. The INT's sealed our fate, but he was in an impossible position and was trying to do too much. With the D playing like that, it really didn't matter what he did.

WOE, WOE, WOE take it easy

I did not post this topic to bash Ganz and say how much better Keller is, i was jsut tired of people ripping Keller for doing the only thing he could. What did Keller do, come into Nebraska and give us his all even in games that everyone including the coaches had given up. Personnally i think that under Callahan's play calling Keller is just as good or better than Ganz because Callahan calls plays like he is in the NFL and Keller is a more of an NFL QB than Ganz.

I never said that Keller has way more talent than Ganz, i think that Ganz is a better college QB, because he is more athletic and can make plays with his legs. But right now we are running an NFL system and Keller is more capable of running this system.

Ganz had a pretty good game today, i loved seeing a QB scramble for the first time in a long time and he did something that for some reason Keller didnt, he got MO P the ball. i dont know if more plays were called for Purify or if Ganz just watched Taylor last year feed him the ball and realized he is by far our best player and jsut threw it his way even when the play wasnt for him.

Keller was probably promised the job, but that doesnt mean he didnt earn it, and i just didnt like hearing people bash Keller for doing everything he can. Next year though in a better system i think we will see Ganz blow up and be a great QB.

NP we are not on the same page, gangsta. Joe Ganz far exceeded my expectations in his performance today. Our BACKUP and Mo Purify pretty much put up 39 pts against a top 10 Defense. Guess what, he's the starter now. For the rest of the season and probably next season he'll be referred to by me as the starter. He did not play like a backup today, he played like a starter. Ganz made something out of little or nothing on so many occasions today it reminded me of Zac Taylor with runnin legs. Your only point might be the four picks. Well, if you were forced to throw against a defense 90 % of the time while playing from way down with the defense knowing what's coming, you might expect some interceptions. Our defense continues to dictate what our offense can do. It's no different than how it was when Keller was in there. Keller did well, but at the very least, Ganz did what Keller may have done in a similar situation. Ganz did well, and even under a Craig Bohl led defense, 39 points would have been enough to win a damn game. Props to Joe!

I honestly can't see how anyone can sit and bash anything against Ganz at all. Sure e threw some picks...he fessed up to them as well. A tipped ball too is anyone's grab as well. It was a lucky tip and there happened to be someone in position. And yes, he forced two others where a player was open but he was not accurate. But to come in on the nation's 5th best defense and pick apart their secondary and throw continually to one of the nation's best cornerbacks and beat him multiple times? Man....I'm not sure what any of you out there are looking for.

Keller was the starter because he really was better than Ganz at running this offense. Just like i said in another post, we will get the same results from ganz just in a different way. I am not trying to bash Ganz either by saying this, i am just saying that Keller really did deserve the starting position and wasnt jsut handed the job.

Ganz's number were 25-50 for 405 with 4 TD's and 4 INT's (1 rushing TD), if we had Keller we would have gotten a better completion percentage maybe with some more yards, probably not as many INT's but we wouldnt have seen him run for the TD or make plays with his feet.

Having said that i think both QB's are in the wrong system and both would be doing much better in the right system. However Keller was slightly better in this system.

I am excited to see what Ganz can do next year under a new system.

LOL you must be joking. No way keller would've gotten us 39 points against kansas. His ass would've been on the turf 8 time at least. Considering this was Ganz's first start and against a top 10 team he didn't do that bad but made mistakes. :yeah

You're joking right? Would Sam Keller have scored 80 points or something?

Listen, I know there were some interceptions thrown..but to me, he started doing that when NU got down by so many. Almost as if he was trying to force plays to happen, because the defense couldn't stop KU's offense.

I personally thought the offense played pretty damn good for racking up so many points and yardage against one of the top 10 defenses in the country.

Who have they played thats had a good offense? That team is not one of the top ten in the nation. Don't even bringup the score as a reason why they should be, since that same team only scored 19 point last week against Texas A & M.

That may be true--I myself do not think Kansas is all that good--but at the same time...since when does scoring 39 points not win a game? Even if NU didn't come up with a win, they should have been a little closer than 37 points...but maybe it's just me.

I honestly can't see how anyone can sit and bash anything against Ganz at all

I am sorry i went back and read my original post and i can see how someone can get the idea that i was bashing Ganz, and that was not my intent at all. I think Ganz played great under the circumstances, i dont think Kansas's D is as good as some people are saying, but Ganz is playing under a coach how has no idea how to use him.

We only saw the option once and threw the ball like 50 times, Ganz's strenghts are probably more spread type plays (options and plays that give him a run pass option). He isnt a great drop back passer which is what Callahan tried to do with him. So i am not bashing him at all, and i am very excited to see what he can do under a coach that actually knows how to utilize his players.

I guess a better question is, (after seeing the KU game) if you could start the season over would want Ganz or Keller as your starter?

With BC as our play caller i would still take Keller. With a different coach though i might take Ganz.