Well atleast we know why Keller was the starter

NPhusker

Keller was the starter because he really was better than Ganz at running this offense. Just like i said in another post, we will get the same results from ganz just in a different way. I am not trying to bash Ganz either by saying this, i am just saying that Keller really did deserve the starting position and wasnt jsut handed the job.

Ganz's number were 25-50 for 405 with 4 TD's and 4 INT's (1 rushing TD), if we had Keller we would have gotten a better completion percentage maybe with some more yards, probably not as many INT's but we wouldnt have seen him run for the TD or make plays with his feet.

Having said that i think both QB's are in the wrong system and both would be doing much better in the right system. However Keller was slightly better in this system.

I am excited to see what Ganz can do next year under a new system.

Keller was the starter because he really was better than Ganz at running this offense. Just like i said in another post, we will get the same results from ganz just in a different way. I am not trying to bash Ganz either by saying this, i am just saying that Keller really did deserve the starting position and wasnt jsut handed the job.

Ganz's number were 25-50 for 405 with 4 TD's and 4 INT's (1 rushing TD), if we had Keller we would have gotten a better completion percentage maybe with some more yards, probably not as many INT's but we wouldnt have seen him run for the TD or make plays with his feet.

Having said that i think both QB's are in the wrong system and both would be doing much better in the right system. However Keller was slightly better in this system.

LOL you must be joking. No way keller would've gotten us 39 points against kansas. His ass would've been on the turf 8 time at least. Considering this was Ganz's first start and against a top 10 team he didn't do that bad but made mistakes.

Maybe Ganz stats weren't as good as kellers, but I like to look at point productions. Today we scored 39. 31 points being meaninful while the last td was to keep the score looking better. The previous 4 weeks we have scored 6, 14, 14, & 25. The O was in a rut. They scored 31 pts on a top 10 D. While scoring low amounts against mediocre or poor D's.

If Keller didn't bust his collarbone last week, it would have happened this week. Ganz avoided alot of trouble, and those picks happened mainly because Nebraska ran approx. 172 times in a row.

I thought Ganz did well, I'm more convinced that Keller was promised the starting job no matter what last year.

LOL you must be joking. No way keller would've gotten us 39 points against kansas. His ass would've been on the turf 8 time at least. Considering this was Ganz's first start and against a top 10 team he didn't do that bad but made mistakes.

Keller would've had 5 interceptions. I think it is precious that you are still talking about what Sam Keller would've done again KU. Yeah, sam woud've had 8 TDs and 904 yards passing.

I still commend Keller....but I don't recommend him. Ouch. I can't believe I just said that, But I did.

Guys, now is not the time to pick apart and compare our QBs. Keller did great things for us, and he gave all he had. Cannot ask more out of him. He's done now, and it's Ganz's turn, and he stepped in and gave it his all too. Not the smoothest game, particularly those two 3-and-outs in the 2nd quarter, but I'm sure he's going to pick up his game.

WHAT!!!!

Sorry buddy completely innacurate

I will respectively disagree with you on this. This game turned into a shootout from the beginning, due to inept playcalling and poor technique on defense. The run game was completely thrown out the window, forcing the offense to go pass only. It's real easy to defend, when you know what the other team is going to do. The picks were inevitable. I will concede that a couple were ill timed throws, but to compare the two, after only one game, is disingenuous. Ganz performed as well as expected, under the circumstances.

I would like to commend Keller on his performance this year, and I hope he has a long career in the NFL.

Ganz did alright for his first game of real action. He has plenty to work on though. Some of his Int's were terrible throws that shouldn't have been thrown. He'll get better hopefully.

As far as Keller being better then him, who cares there is nothing that can be done to prove otherwise.

His stats are very Joe Dailey like. 50% completion, crap load of yards and a crap load of Int's.

ok joe ganz has had 1 start in his career at qb so in his first start he was able to lead the offense to more points than keller has the past couple of games, now i like keller and its sad to see a qb with as much talent that he has to go through a season like this as long with everyone else. the special teams on kick coverage was horrible, defense was 10x more horrible they couldnt stop a f-n runny nose so if the defense would of had ganz and co in better situations things might be different.

BC called pass play after pass play , and joe ganz needed to make big plays and the defense knew that we had to pass it so what happens joe throws 4 ints. I think just its more the defense's fault than anything and we all flat out know it

Ganz is just as good as Keller. Yes, he had a lot of picks and could of had more but he also did a lot of good things with no experience at all. He should of been in some 4th quarters when we were getting blown out.

You're joking right? Would Sam Keller have scored 80 points or something?

Listen, I know there were some interceptions thrown..but to me, he started doing that when NU got down by so many. Almost as if he was trying to force plays to happen, because the defense couldn't stop KU's offense.

I personally thought the offense played pretty damn good for racking up so many points and yardage against one of the top 10 defenses in the country.