Like a warm fire

I am I

yeah, he picked a guy...the last guy we associate with ANY type of Glory days.....i tell you this, Frank's days were numbered for sure, but 59 wins in 6 years STILL doesn't equal 76

I'm not anti-Frank. I like the guy. He's a Real Husker.

He just wasn't the guy we needed as our Head Coach. He had some glory during his tenure, but most of that occurred because of the T.O. players.

I think that if Frank had the same amount of time T.O. had he'd have figured it out. But when he was fired our house was not in good shape.

When Solich was fired we were 9-3. If my ciphering is right, that is better than any of Callahan's seasons. It was also as good as many of Osborne's or Devaney's seasons.

Solich was fired because Pederson, along with many boosters and fans (including some of you out there), thought we needed some kind of high-flying aerial circus of an offense to be more exciting.

If it's broken, fix it. If it's not broken, leave it alone. Many of you out there got what you asked for , and now have what you deserve.

yeah, he picked a guy...the last guy we associate with ANY type of Glory days.....i tell you this, Frank's days were numbered for sure, but 59 wins in 6 years STILL doesn't equal 76

He just wasn't the guy we needed as our Head Coach. He had some glory during his tenure, but most of that occurred because of the T.O. players.

I think that if Frank had the same amount of time T.O. had he'd have figured it out. But when he was fired our house was not in good shape.

When Solich was fired we were 9-3. If my ciphering is right, that is better than any of Callahan's seasons. It was also as good as many of Osborne's or Devaney's seasons.

Solich was fired because Pederson, along with many boosters and fans (including some of you out there), thought we needed some kind of high-flying aerial circus of an offense to be more exciting.

If it's broken, fix it. If it's not broken, leave it alone. Many of you out there got what you asked for , and now have what you deserve.

Well said and very true... Many people wanted him gone and were on the Peterson wagon to do it...

just a little bright spot....all these posts have started to feed a fire deep within the recesses of my soul!! the negativety--the coz bashing--the 1183 ways we wish billy c would step aside...

i just thought of this. and i think it has to do with the fact i'm in Sweden right now and it's DAMN cold....

when all of this washes away and these Brutus' are gone----we are going to get a coach hired by none other than Tom Osborne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap

Then, in about mid March----we're going to have a new Spring Game with new philosophy's and a brand new aggressive approach.

It will be like a nice toasty fire on a freezing Stockholm winter day!!

Here's to a new start. Just in time for Spring Ball!!!!!!!!!!!! :corndance:corndance:corndance:cheers:cheers

T.O. hand-picked Frank Solich. That didn't work out so well.

Not that I'm bashing T.O. - the man is just next to Jesus IMO. I'm just saying that I don't expect miracles here.

Hey I would take what OL' Frank accomplished (not that it was spectacular) any day over the crappy hand we have been dealt with for the last 4 years. Billy C's best year (too many people) was the 2006 season, and we had 5 losses. Plus with Frank the tradition was still intact.

:thumbs:yeah Would it have been easier to fix what was wrong with Solich or fix what is wrong now?? Solich and BO could have done much better than 9-3 if that piece of sh!t Pederson would have kept his greasy fingers out of it.

Since when does Osborne hire the new coach?? Whats the point of hiring a coach, if the permanant AD doesn't think he should be there??

I think Osborne will be the AD for a little while probably more then a couple of years. Are you suggesting they should wait two years before they hire a new coach?

:thumbs:yeah Would it have been easier to fix what was wrong with Solich or fix what is wrong now?? Solich and BO could have done much better than 9-3 if that piece of sh!t Pederson would have kept his greasy fingers out of it.

:yeah Sadly well never know and even if he did'nt and had a 5-7 record the next year the media and fans would not have been as vocal and accepted the firings.

Agreed!

The last year Bo turned the defense around. That helped enormously. Frank is a true husker and we should be proud of the years he put in as a player and coach. But, he was making some pretty goofy play calling decisions. The year before he hired new assistants he lost 3-4 games on his play calling. One game in paticular I think was texas, although I may be wrong about the team we played, he called either fake field goals or went for it 3 times and didn't get any points on any of those drives. We lost by 6. If he would just do like most successful coaches and kicked the field goals we would have won by 3. There were a few games that his coaching lost the game not the players and that is when I kind of lost faith in him being a HC. I would love to see him as an assistant again. He had Neb in his heart and fire in his belly. Just what the doc calls for NOW.

If i remember right didn't TO pull some stuff like that?? Ya know going for two instead of one?? Listen it is unfair to compare Solich to TO because Solich was never gonna get the same kind of time that TO did. Let's face it TO didn't produce anything until at the end of his career and i remember year after year watching florida state and miami beat nebraska time after time. There were plenty of times TO got beat bad. I'm not suggesting TO wasn't a good HC sometimes even good coaches lose badly. But stuck with TO and nebraska was rewarded with 3 national championships. :)