Win as a team, lose...

ironmike

One of the best coaches I had as a kid would tell us that "We win as a team, we lose when we break down as individuals". Now, I feel the same way as everyone else here that the responsibility for this debacle of a season ultimately falls on the coaches. But, football is a game of a bunch of small battles every play. No matter the scheme, each player needs to beat the guy across from him every play! We are seeing breakdown after breakdown, and where the problems are most evident is both the O and D lines. The players in those positions are losing their personal battles all game long! Again, I can't wait to hear that Cally and Co. are gone, but I think they wouldn't look quite so bad had the lines been actually showing up in the games. I'm not trying to take any heat off the coaches, but it's time for the players to be called out a bit too. Thoughts?

One of the best coaches I had as a kid would tell us that "We win as a team, we lose when we break down as individuals". Now, I feel the same way as everyone else here that the responsibility for this debacle of a season ultimately falls on the coaches. But, football is a game of a bunch of small battles every play. No matter the scheme, each player needs to beat the guy across from him every play! We are seeing breakdown after breakdown, and where the problems are most evident is both the O and D lines. The players in those positions are losing their personal battles all game long! Again, I can't wait to hear that Cally and Co. are gone, but I think they wouldn't look quite so bad had the lines been actually showing up in the games. I'm not trying to take any heat off the coaches, but it's time for the players to be called out a bit too. Thoughts?

The players gave up a long time ago. They have 0 faith in their coaches and that's why they're playing like crap. It all started with USC and never stopped. The program needs to start all over again and it's going to take a long long time to recover IF THEY EVER DO RECOVER...

I agree that the players have to shoulder some pf the blame, but if you take a 5 star stud on the O line and he is going against a 5 star stud on the D line. One is taught and practices finess football and little if any contact in practices and the other has technique drilled into them , live scrimmages, A scheme designed for physical control of the opposition. Which do you think will win.

The coaches can have these kids practice their finess BS packages all frickin day long. But the kids are in the game trying to accomplish what the coaches are teaching and they continue to get manhandled and embarrassed.

These kids did not come here to lose and I am sure tried their best at first but when they see that their "leaders" system continues to produce blowout losses and the "leaders" do not change anything, then they get discouraged. The "leaders" at that point should be able to motivate them but keep doing what they are doing.

It cannot be put on the coaches alone or the players alone they need to share the responsibility for the bad play. This is where we are now and if the staff is replaced we need to make sure the person that comes in is a great motivator as well as teacher. I believe 100% that we have talent enough to play with anyone on our schedule this year, but in order for them to do that they need to put in the effort in practice and have leaders able and willing to make proper adjustments and have faith that what they are doing is the right thing to do.

Just my opinion

The players gave up a long time ago. They have 0 faith in their coaches and that's why they're playing like crap. It all started with USC and never stopped. The program needs to start all over again and it's going to take a long long time to recover IF THEY EVER DO RECOVER...

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

The loss to USC hurt but the downward spiral began with a win, the Ball State game.

It used to be that a Husker loss meant a big time drubbing for who ever we played the next week.

We will recover and it will be sooner than later.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez