what is the honorable thing to do?

I saw people talking about this in another thread and was curious what others thought. I can see it from both sides. on one hand there is the thought that cally leaving is the best thing for the team, and so by him making that sacrifice he is putting the team and his players above himself.

then there is the thought that staying and fighting is more honorable. you are setting the example that you fight through difficulty, and your not bailing on you players.

Like I said I can see it both ways...and am kind of going back and forth on how I feel.

from what i understand.. when rome said that the honorable thing to do would be to resign.. that was from a cash aspect.. as in he wasn't deserving of the money being paid to him.. so why should he keep it? and that is the sense that i agree with it.. i think that cally should announce his resignation on monday after the colorado football game.. but that is just my opinion..

from what i understand.. when rome said that the honorable thing to do would be to resign.. that was from a cash aspect.. as in he wasn't deserving of the money being paid to him.. so why should he keep it? and that is the sense that i agree with it.. i think that cally should announce his resignation on monday after the colorado football game.. but that is just my opinion..

IMO resigning would be the only honorable thing to do. I believe that he has finally come to realize that he just can't get the job done at the college level so there would be no point in him trying to accomplish something that isn't going to happen. If he were to resign and admit that maybe he's not suited for the college game he may still be able to find a home in the NFL.

I saw people talking about this in another thread and was curious what others thought. I can see it from both sides. on one hand there is the thought that cally leaving is the best thing for the team, and so by him making that sacrifice he is putting the team and his players above himself.

then there is the thought that staying and fighting is more honorable. you are setting the example that you fight through difficulty, and your not bailing on you players.

Like I said I can see it both ways...and am kind of going back and forth on how I feel.

The honorable thing for Callahan to do is give all the money back that he recieved from the University of Nebraska since he trashed the football program completely. Then he should apologize to all Husker fans for his cluelessness as far as coaching is concerned. Then he should hop on the first bus outta town and never come back... :rant