ISU vs. MU

DaveH

Anyone catch the MU ISU game? It went to overtime and MU won it on kicking a field goal and an interception on ISU's first overtime possession. I was sort of pulling for ISU cause I couldn't care less if CU dropped off the face of the earth tomorrow. But, it turns out they are going to the Big XII championship game. Bummer!

I thought the last play called by ISU was a good one, but the QB underthrew the fade.

Any thoughts on how CU OU game will go? :blink:

Iowa State really blew it. Kicker misses a chip shot with minute left then get to 1st and goal from 4 in overtime and hicks should of probs scored on first down and then 2nd down a option just got backed up and then a bad call on the fade, to risky imo. Was hoping barney would win, oh well he still did much better than callahan.

Iowa State really blew it. Kicker misses a chip shot with minute left then get to 1st and goal from 4 in overtime and hicks should of probs scored on first down and then 2nd down a option just got backed up and then a bad call on the fade, to risky imo. Was hoping barney would win, oh well he still did much better than callahan.

I'd say it was a bad pass not a bad call. If Meyer throws the ball to the outside corner ISU is playing Oklahoma.

Iowa State really blew it.  Kicker misses a chip shot with minute left then get to 1st and goal from 4 in overtime and hicks should of probs scored on first down and then 2nd down a option just got backed up and then a bad call on the fade, to risky imo.  Was hoping barney would win, oh well he still did much better than callahan.

I'd say it was a bad pass not a bad call. If Meyer throws the ball to the outside corner ISU is playing Oklahoma.

I would tend to agree. Obiviously there are a bunch of different plays that could have been called in that situation, but I saw the play was there it just wasn't thrown correctly.

Iowa State really blew it.  Kicker misses a chip shot with minute left then get to 1st and goal from 4 in overtime and hicks should of probs scored on first down and then 2nd down a option just got backed up and then a bad call on the fade, to risky imo.  Was hoping barney would win, oh well he still did much better than callahan.

Any play is a good call if the players execute and it works but in that situation, I say you call a more safe play where either you succeed or your going to give your kicker another try and send it to overtime. That play is great if you got randy moss but with an Iowa State or a Nebraska type trying to run it, it's dangerous and its chances of completion are slim and chances of an interception are higher than a normal pass play.

Any play is a good call if the players execute and it works but in that situation, I say you call a more safe play where either you succeed or your going to give your kicker another try and send it to overtime. That play is great if you got randy moss but with an Iowa State or a Nebraska type trying to run it, it's dangerous and its chances of completion are slim and chances of an interception are higher than a normal pass play.

I don't know who was supposed to be on the receving end of that play, but Blythe could have made that play for ISU.

I am sure the NU receivers would have something to say about not being able to catch a fade...

I don't know who was supposed to be on the receving end of that play, but Blythe could have made that play for ISU.

I am sure the NU receivers would have something to say about not being able to catch a fade...

They threw it to davis. I'm not saying nu qb and wr or iowa state qb and wr can't execute it but the odds are just far worse and to dangerous to me to run it at that point.