More to add to the imainary coaching list

Since we are all adding names to the imaginary coaching list (is there is a list I'm sure T.O. has a handle on it) I thought I'd add two to the fire.

UConn Head Coach Randy Edsall

UConn Bio

and to a lesser extent

Montana Head Coach Bobby Hauck

Montana Bio

The number one thing I want in a coach is a track record of success. I want a coach that has brought a program to new heights, sustained or built winning wherever they have been. As we have seen, taking someone else's success and running it downhill is painful to watch. I want a guy with a record of building winners. I'm sure T.O. will make us proud.

Since we are all adding names to the imaginary coaching list (is there is a list I'm sure T.O. has a handle on it) I thought I'd add two to the fire.

UConn Head Coach Randy Edsall

UConn Bio

and to a lesser extent

Montana Head Coach Bobby Hauck

Montana Bio

The number one thing I want in a coach is a track record of success. I want a coach that has brought a program to new heights, sustained or built winning wherever they have been. As we have seen, taking someone else's success and running it downhill is painful to watch. I want a guy with a record of building winners. I'm sure T.O. will make us proud.

You are a little late on Edsall. As far as Hauck, I don't know if anyone here would get too fired up over a guy who lost to James Madison. Not to say he isn't a good coach, but how many people here knew JMU had a football team? :dumdum

You are a little late on Edsall. As far as Hauck, I don't know if anyone here would get too fired up over a guy who lost to James Madison. Not to say he isn't a good coach, but how many people here knew JMU had a football team? :dumdum

Why Hauck? Major success & a great record. Sure it's 1-AA but that is the same senario that Tressel had coming from Youngstown State. Tressel didn't win every championship at YSU, but he had solid, competetive teams almost every year, and most of the time won his conference.

1986 Youngstown State 2-9 2-5

1987 Youngstown State 8-4 5-1

1988 Youngstown State 4-7

1989 Youngstown State 9-4

1990 Youngstown State 11-1

1991 Youngstown State 12-3 1-AA Champs

1992 Youngstown State 11-3-1

1993 Youngstown State 13-2 1-AA Champs

1994 Youngstown State 14-0-1 1-AA Champs

1995 Youngstown State 3-8

1996 Youngstown State 8-3

1997 Youngstown State 13-2 4-2

1998 Youngstown State 6-5 3-3

1999 Youngstown State 12-3 5-1

2000 Youngstown State 9-3 4-2

Youngstown State: 135-57-2

Tressel went 3-8 in his 10th year at YSU. Probabbly lost to Western Illinois and Southeast Missouri State, why hire him? My point is I don't need a coach that will make the fans happy or a big splash..... I want to see them consistently win.

THE HAUCK FILE

Year-by-Year at Montana

Year...Overall....Big Sky

2003......9-4..........5-2*

2004.....12-3.........6-1*

2005......8-4..........5-2*

2006......12-2.........8-0*

2007.......9-0..........6-0

Totals...50-13.......33-5

*Won Big Sky title

The Dukes have a great D1AA team, and have a great marching band! My daughter and I walked on their field this summer when we visited campus. She just applied there.

Well, in that case why not Pat Berhns or Sandy Buda?

Buda! Buda! Buda!

I still hate Morningside though at the time I had no idea what a Morningside was. (Ok so I still don't.)

Anyway, he might have been a better choice than Solich.

I'd say either could out coach half the guys in d1 right now. Buda put some damned good teams on the field even in semi pro ball and indoor football. Not just at UNO.