Saving their Coaching Staff....or?

dapitdog1

I should clarify that I'm not bashing CU. Though Iowa State has been playing better late in the season, Colorado is a better team and should win on the road. That's all I'm saying...you blew a 21 point lead at the half. That's just poor team performance (something we know a lot about this season), not refs.

The Buffs played a great first half and a terrible second half, the Clones played a terrible first half and a great second half. In the end, the full game effort for each team produced 31 points on each side.

Then the refs decided to take away 3 of CU's points.

Then CU got those points back again.

Then the refs decided to take away those 3 points again.

Then, instead of reviewing their egregiously bad call, the refs said "the game is over" and ran off the field before talking to Hawkins at all.

Obviously, CU had no business giving up a 21 point lead, but I don't think the fact that ISU fought back from a deficit in any way discredits the fact that overtime should have been played, but the refs essentially said "uhhh... no, let's not do that. I wanna go home" and fabricated not one, but TWO horrible calls to make their going home aspirations into a reality.

Plain and simple truth: Both teams played erratically throughout the game, and they both produced 31 points. Unfortunately CU was only credited with 28 of theirs, sending them home with an undeserved loss, while ISU received an undeserved win.

Wow! Nothing like getting homered in Ames. Isn't this the whole idea behind reviewing the plays? If the call on the field was that the field goal was good, doesn't there have to be indisputable visual evidence that it really wasn't? That is usually interpreted as "it missed by 20 feet" to overturn the call.

About like UConn and Louisville.

:dunno