Hey Buffs...

I like the fact that you guys are coming into Boulder cocky... you hang onto that feeling as long as you can, I want your loss to hurt a bit. Not as bad as 2001 of course, but just enough for it to be noteworthy.

Callahan's just playing games with your hearts right now. Gotta say, I absolutely love the guy for it!

And what's Hawkin's excuse?

3 classes worth of craptacular Gary Barnett recruits on the roster.

I like the fact that you guys are coming into Boulder cocky... you hang onto that feeling as long as you can, I want your loss to hurt a bit. Not as bad as 2001 of course, but just enough for it to be noteworthy.

Callahan's just playing games with your hearts right now. Gotta say, I absolutely love the guy for it!

And what's Hawkin's excuse?

3 classes worth of craptacular Gary Barnett recruits on the roster.

RECRUITS DON'T MATTER!!!1111 Right?

You can't say NU fans are idiots for thinking 5 star recruits are awesome and then use your "craptacular" recruits as an excuse for your suckiness.

Picture this Neb up big before half an the whole student section gets kicked out again. That would be perfect cant wait.. Players will be pumped on both sides.. I see Nu pulling it off.. Last time we played in Boulder we won and Callahan cried cause he was just sooo happy for the players, this time he will cry cause he's out of a job...

Say...has your HC figured out that you can't get your kicking team on the field, wait for the refs to get set and start the clock, center the ball and then kick a field goal all in 1 second yet?

ISU 31 - CU 28....BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Buffs dream of beat Nebraska...BWHAHAHAHAHA....

Chizik called up his old buddy Mack Brown and asked him how to get the refs to hand you games.

Picture this Neb up big before half an the whole student section gets kicked out again. That would be perfect cant wait.. Players will be pumped on both sides.. I see Nu pulling it off.. Last time we played in Boulder we won and Callahan cried cause he was just sooo happy for the players, this time he will cry cause he's out of a job...

Say...has your HC figured out that you can't get your kicking team on the field, wait for the refs to get set and start the clock, center the ball and then kick a field goal all in 1 second yet?

ISU 31 - CU 28....BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Buffs dream of beat Nebraska...BWHAHAHAHAHA....

Chizik called up his old buddy Mack Brown and asked him how to get the refs to hand you games.

(5th down.)

(5th down.)

Good then, from now on, we will never have to hear about 5th down, it's over, paid in full.

(5th down.)

Good then, from now on, we will never have to hear about 5th down, it's over, paid in full.

Well, I'm not really agreeing to that. The 5th down basically handed CU a National Championship.

(5th down.)

Well, I'm not really agreeing to that. The 5th down basically handed CU a National Championship.

LOL, I figured that was the next reply and if it happened 100 more times it will still be the same tiring response, but that's ok, we still have one, and your vote against it is irrelevant.

You might find this excerpt from CU Sports Information Director Dave Plati to be interesting:

As the annual anniversary for the “Fifth Down” game approaches (we actually play on the date—October 6—this year), the thing always surfaces in one way or another. This time, there was a reference to it in a Rocky Mountain News column by Bernie Lincicome. The column itself was about sports cheats, from illegal enhancers to taping sideline signals to air conditioning at the Metrodome. The passage about the ’90 CU-Missouri game read like this:

“Without that famous fifth down at Missouri, Colorado does not have half a national football title to boast of, one it has never offered to give back.”

But Bernie didn’t know that if there were any real cheaters that day, it was some in the Missouri football program. That’s the problem; some things fade away during time or just aren’t known by those who weren’t there. So I told him as he had never heard the story of the condition of Missouri’s Omni-Turf field, one which caused any one to slip if they weren’t in the right shoes. No one from Missouri made any effort to inform the opponent that they needed to bring a different kind of cleat. I have no doubts had we been wearing the same kind of show Mizzou had on, we would have left with a 48-10 win or something of that sort (as a point of reference, CU's tight end inexplicably slipped and fell at the 2 yard line to set up the 5th down series, when the endzone was wide open for him to just walk into). We were that good and had just finished playing perhaps the toughest non-conference schedule ever.

And as we’ve always said, which common sense dictates, had we known it was fourth down, we’re not going to spike the ball to stop the clock, we’re gonna run a play.

Missouri got even twice with CU, in 1997 when we had a touchdown called back for having 12-men on the field (when we had 11, the official jumped the gun, thinking he saw something he didn’t and blew the call), and one year in the men’s basketball tournament, when even Tiger coach Norm Stewart said they were the beneficiary of a cheesy foul call at the final gun that awarded MU two free throws that broke a tie, sending CU home to Boulder.

You might find this excerpt from CU Sports Information Director Dave Plati to be interesting:

As the annual anniversary for the “Fifth Down” game approaches (we actually play on the date—October 6—this year), the thing always surfaces in one way or another. This time, there was a reference to it in a Rocky Mountain News column by Bernie Lincicome. The column itself was about sports cheats, from illegal enhancers to taping sideline signals to air conditioning at the Metrodome. The passage about the ’90 CU-Missouri game read like this:

“Without that famous fifth down at Missouri, Colorado does not have half a national football title to boast of, one it has never offered to give back.”

But Bernie didn’t know that if there were any real cheaters that day, it was some in the Missouri football program. That’s the problem; some things fade away during time or just aren’t known by those who weren’t there. So I told him as he had never heard the story of the condition of Missouri’s Omni-Turf field, one which caused any one to slip if they weren’t in the right shoes. No one from Missouri made any effort to inform the opponent that they needed to bring a different kind of cleat. I have no doubts had we been wearing the same kind of show Mizzou had on, we would have left with a 48-10 win or something of that sort (as a point of reference, CU's tight end inexplicably slipped and fell at the 2 yard line to set up the 5th down series, when the endzone was wide open for him to just walk into). We were that good and had just finished playing perhaps the toughest non-conference schedule ever.

And as we’ve always said, which common sense dictates, had we known it was fourth down, we’re not going to spike the ball to stop the clock, we’re gonna run a play.

Missouri got even twice with CU, in 1997 when we had a touchdown called back for having 12-men on the field (when we had 11, the official jumped the gun, thinking he saw something he didn’t and blew the call), and one year in the men’s basketball tournament, when even Tiger coach Norm Stewart said they were the beneficiary of a cheesy foul call at the final gun that awarded MU two free throws that broke a tie, sending CU home to Boulder.

Yes the 5th down was crap an colo got lucky but what team that wins a NC doesnt have a close game during the year from time to time an ends up gettin lucky?? Neb had there is in 97 when we caught the miracle catch in Mizzu... I hate colo as much as the next guy but one game didnt make there whole season they played great that year an had one bad game no matter what the excuses are they won an then won the NC.. They only have one NC and prolly will never have another one again so lets not ruin there one shinning moment.... ;)