Wish me luck!!

I'm a Ph. D. student at UNMC in pharmaceutical science. Today I am taking probably the biggest exam in my who 19 years of school since I was in Kindergarten. It's a comprehensive exam and I had to wrote a research grant over the last 3 months and now I have to defend it. My Ph. D. committee will ask me questions on the grant that pertain or draw from ANYTHING i've learned in any chemistry or biochemistry class I've ever taken. :ahhhhhhhh:blink:

I'll know by 5:00 pm if I pass! If I do I'm on the downhill toward my Ph. D.!

I'm a Ph. D. student at UNMC in pharmaceutical science. Today I am taking probably the biggest exam in my who 19 years of school since I was in Kindergarten. It's a comprehensive exam and I had to wrote a research grant over the last 3 months and now I have to defend it. My Ph. D. committee will ask me questions on the grant that pertain or draw from ANYTHING i've learned in any chemistry or biochemistry class I've ever taken. :ahhhhhhhh:blink:

Good Luck Bubba Dan

Do you know Janet (Ohrt) Extrom?

Good luck! What did you do your research on?

I myself am working on a therapeutic drug for Alzheimer's Disease. I had to write my grant proposal on something not involved in my research so I proposed a study to find an antibiotic that is effective against drug resistant bacteria, such as the MRSA (Staph. aureus) outbreak that was recent and for hospital strains of penicillin resistant bacteria.

Good Luck Bubba Dan

Heard the name, don't know her personally...

Good Luck Bubba Dan

Heard the name, don't know her personally...

How about Deb (Naumann) Humphrey?

I myself am working on a therapeutic drug for Alzheimer's Disease. I had to write my grant proposal on something not involved in my research so I proposed a study to find an antibiotic that is effective against drug resistant bacteria, such as the MRSA (Staph. aureus) outbreak that was recent and for hospital strains of penicillin resistant bacteria.

Namenda or a non-approved drug?

Congrats by the way...

your slowgun: :nanalama

Namenda or a non-approved drug?

Congrats by the way...

your slowgun: :nanalama

not namenda, I'm in the first stages of drug development. With the way the drug industry works if I would ever get a good lead candidate it still wouldn't hit the market for 15 years :blink::ahhhhhhhh But I'll be on working in my own job at a pharm. company by then and others will carry on my work here at UNMC after I graduate.

not namenda, I'm in the first stages of drug development. With the way the drug industry works if I would ever get a good lead candidate it still wouldn't hit the market for 15 years :blink::ahhhhhhhh But I'll be on working in my own job at a pharm. company by then and others will carry on my work here at UNMC after I graduate.

Trust me, I know, I sold diseasse state awareness for a year and a half on a drug that still has yet to be approved...google: febuxostat.