Ganz Should have been....

Coach Tuz

You may be right, but if I were BC I'd have done the same thing. Even if I didn't make any promise with SK, I still wouldn't have liked the idea of a good guy like him transferring here, learn the system for a year and then not getting the job in his first and last year here. My QB line up would be the same as it is now.

Most attendees at the Spring game thought SK was the better player didn't they??

B

You may be right, but if I were BC I'd have done the same thing. Even if I didn't make any promise with SK, I still wouldn't have liked the idea of a good guy like him transferring here, learn the system for a year and then not getting the job in his first and last year here. My QB line up would be the same as it is now.

Most attendees at the Spring game thought SK was the better player didn't they??

B

I was right on top of the QBs as they warmed up and I had excellent views of several scoring drives, and in my opinion it wasn't even close - Sam was far and away better than Joe in the Spring Game.

I am frankly stunned that Joe is doing so well. Judging by how he did in the Spring, I wouldn't have predicted half the success he's had.

Don't get me wrong - Joe was NOT awful in the Spring. It's just that Sam was clearly better.

Knowing that the "system" is a little complicated and requires a little extra time to learn it inside and out, it seems we never stick with the same QB to start for any more than two years which I can fully understand.

If clownahan does leave after the end of this season and a new system is installed (triple option?) I'd still have Joe start his senior year and then start fresh. Play froshies and sophos. what Joe has done so far it would suck if he didn't get to start next year "just because". So many years and so little playtime.

B

I was right on top of the QBs as they warmed up and I had excellent views of several scoring drives, and in my opinion it wasn't even close - Sam was far and away better than Joe in the Spring Game.

I am frankly stunned that Joe is doing so well. Judging by how he did in the Spring, I wouldn't have predicted half the success he's had.

Don't get me wrong - Joe was NOT awful in the Spring. It's just that Sam was clearly better.

:yeah So true. I've stated that a few times.

Still the other question that keeps getting asked: why was Ganz not put in the games when Keller struggled?

Still the other question that keeps getting asked: why was Ganz not put in the games when Keller struggled?

That is the gazillion dollar question. The best answer I've heard (and the one that seems to fit the pattern) is that they don't do it that way in the Pro's, and that's how BC has been trying to run this program.