Ten Triumphs of the Callahan Era

Enjoyed reading the article. I don't quite agree that it was a stretch to find the list of 10 that the author mentioned. He did expand and talk about many things, the entire package. You are right that unfrotunately those things will be overshadowed for the most part. I would be curious for feedback from others on how you weigh out the entire scope of being a headcoach. Obviously wins and losses is right there at the top. At the end of the day results have to happen. But there were many good things in that article that I think any Nebraska fan would want from a head coach ie. someone who graduates players, this is a college institution and they are getting degrees because 90% or more will never go on to play professional sports, keeping players out of trouble. etc. I think everyone can agree those are important things and do reflect on a program....just hard to see those sometimes when the win loss record looks pretty bleak.

Enjoyed reading the article. I don't quite agree that it was a stretch to find the list of 10 that the author mentioned. He did expand and talk about many things, the entire package. You are right that unfrotunately those things will be overshadowed for the most part. I would be curious for feedback from others on how you weigh out the entire scope of being a headcoach. Obviously wins and losses is right there at the top. At the end of the day results have to happen. But there were many good things in that article that I think any Nebraska fan would want from a head coach ie. someone who graduates players, this is a college institution and they are getting degrees because 90% or more will never go on to play professional sports, keeping players out of trouble. etc. I think everyone can agree those are important things and do reflect on a program....just hard to see those sometimes when the win loss record looks pretty bleak.

probably could go back and find 10 records broken in the last 2-3 years, team records for most yards allowed, most points allowed, most 1st downs allowed, most return yardage allowed, etc., etc...you get the picture.

Its not hard to see at all. If people look at everything with blinders on they will see what they want. Most of the people posting in this thread only want to see the negative because of their hate for Callahan. I would much rather look at everything and not dwell on the negative.

Callahans going to be gone soon enough and I dont feel like kicking the man while he is down...

Its not hard to see at all. If people look at everything with blinders on they will see what they want. Most of the people posting in this thread only want to see the negative because of their hate for Callahan. I would much rather look at everything and not dwell on the negative.

Callahans going to be gone soon enough and I dont feel like kicking the man while he is down...

Agreed. Blinders can go both ways. Some get criticized for having on blinders when they have an open mind and opinion about the coaching staff that isn't negative and then the negative nancies will come out and accuse them of having blinders on when they are the ones who only see the bad in things. One thing I have learned is that it's NEVER as bad as it seems and it's NEVER as good as it seems.

That's a really great article. I'll remember many of those moments fondly.

Unfortunately, the next article in this series is going to be brutal to read, and will show why he does, indeed, need to go.

Indeed, it's nice to remember the few bright spots we've had with Callahan here.

But like you said, I don't look forward to reading about the eleventy-billion records that have fallen during his tenure.