Pipeline From The Athletic Dept.

After all the fire BC talk began, I wanted Bo Pelini. I think I still do, but with all the other "prospects" and other bally-hoo surrounding this coaching change, I'm confused. I don't even know if I want BC gone, on the assumption that KC is gone regardless.

I will say this, though: I am damn-glad I'm not charged with making this decision. :w00t

After all the fire BC talk began, I wanted Bo Pelini. I think I still do, but with all the other "prospects" and other bally-hoo surrounding this coaching change, I'm confused. I don't even know if I want BC gone, on the assumption that KC is gone regardless.

I will say this, though: I am damn-glad I'm not charged with making this decision. :w00t

I wouldn't mind making this decision.

Bad karma would suck, but can you imagine the hit our recruiting would take with a 2nd season of "Lame Duck Coaching"?

I just don't see enough redeeming qualities to keep Callahan around for more of a "try".

He may be intelligent enough to draw these plays up, but I don't see an innate ability to adapt.

Now that we've all seen what is worse than not winning, we're probably more apt to overlook anyone else not living up to Ozzy's W/L record.

Almost any hire (not from the NFL*) would rate a good hire.

(*Unless it's Monte Kiffin..He's adaptable and has had success in College).

"Basically, they just told us this is a business," Peterson said. "It's about putting a product on the field and when you put the product we've put out this year, eventually there's going to be some changes. Whether it be this year, we don't know, we can't control that. They haven't talked about it too much because obviously it's not something we want to hear. But that's just the nature of the beast."

This is a quote from Todd Peterson.