New QB recruit

Did Callahan make a mistake in offering another QB?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Callahan and Beck made it quite clear that their wouldn't be anyone else recruited at the QB position. Well there is a new guy on the block. No one is even sure that Zac Taylor will even except the offer, but the very fact that the Husker coaches have offered might scare Beck. Callahan gave his word he wouldn't do this. Vote and offer your thoughts.

Is this a good thing or a nother blunder by Callahan?

Wow. Is this a sign of a lack of confidence in Beck's... ability, or commitment to NU....?

To be honest Im not sure I like this. Personally I didnt agree in the first place with them only pursuing one QB - too many chips on one hand - but for them to go against their word now is even worse. Could cause other recruits to wonder if anything they said to them in the past is legit, or if they are just full of hot air. I'd be interested to hear Cally's statement about this, b/c if he made the fact public before that they were only recruiting one QB no matter what, then he HAS to explain his reasoning for back-treading on his word.

Wow. Is this a sign of a lack of confidence in Beck's... ability, or commitment to NU....?

To be honest Im not sure I like this. Personally I didnt agree in the first place with them only pursuing one QB - too many chips on one hand - but for them to go against their word now is even worse. Could cause other recruits to wonder if anything they said to them in the past is legit, or if they are just full of hot air. I'd be interested to hear Cally's statement about this, b/c if he made the fact public before that they were only recruiting one QB no matter what, then he HAS to explain his reasoning for back-treading on his word.

They lie all the time, I don't know why this suprises you.

This tells me that Adams is never going to be any good and never was any good. Why else would he get a juco qb. We already god adams, plus beck and dailey along with a bunch of subs.

Bernard great point, the only other thing I can think of, is the fact that the coaches just love competition at positions. And the QB play this year was...well you know.

This could hurt the future.

What the hell is going on? I hope we find out sooner or later what is going on since this puts a lot of questions up in the air. I would like to hear from Beck and see what he thinks of the news.

There has to be more to it than this. I know everyone likes to think that "the man" lies, cheats and steals to get his way, but thats nothing but cynical most of the time.

Harrison Beck was consulted before any effort was made to recruit Zac Taylor.  This effort has to do with the non-development of Davis,  the ongoing problems with Adams,  and last but not least,  the small possibility Joe Dailey may decide to transfer.

Where did you get this info? Huskers Illustrated? Just curious.

I would have hoped that Beck was consulted before this happened considering the word given by the staff. Assuming this is true, then it happened and that is good. Are there any quotes from Beck at this point? If he was consulted and explained what the coaches think about the current QB situation, I don't think Callahan made a mistake by offering to another QB.

"It wasn't like it was a behind-the-back thing," said Beck, ranked No. 3 nationally among pro-style quarterbacks by Rivals.com. "I'm not afraid of a little competition. Why should I be?"

Now thats what I like to hear. The only reason I was critical of the kid in the past was b/c it was publicized that Beck had "demanded" that Callahan only recruit HIM at QB for the class of 2005. Guess that wasn't quite the case.

He's looking more and more like the QB we need running the greatest team in CF history. :horns2

Beck says he was asked by the coaching staff if they could go after another qb...he said it was ok b/c why should he be scared of a little competition...

http://journalstar.com/articles/2004/12/03...39079281745.txt

Thanks for the link. Sounds like it's no big deal to Beck. It's good to see that the staff recognized the importance of giving their word.

yeah I posted this link on the RECRUITING BOARD LAST NIGHT!

"It wasn't like it was a behind-the-back thing," said Beck, ranked No. 3 nationally among pro-style quarterbacks by Rivals.com. "I'm not afraid of a little competition. Why should I be?"

Now thats what I like to hear. The only reason I was critical of the kid in the past was b/c it was publicized that Beck had "demanded" that Callahan only recruit HIM at QB for the class of 2005. Guess that wasn't quite the case.

He's looking more and more like the QB we need running the greatest team in CF history. :horns2

Beck fits right in with Callahan and the other coaches who are smooth talking fibbers.