Terrence Wheatly out for the CU vs. NU game

Daily Camera

Wheatley out

Senior cornerback Terrence Wheatley ruled himself out of Friday's game on Tuesday after attempting to practice and realizing his is still too limited by a fractured big toe on his left foot.

Coach Dan Hawkins wasn't ready to commit to Wheatley not playing, but he said he has confidence in the players behind Wheatley on the depth chart. Junior Gardner McKay is listed second on the depth. Another option is sophomore Cha'pelle Brown, who has served as the Buffs' nickel back.

"It's football, that's part of it," Hawkins said. "Everybody else will need to step up and fill it in if he can't go."

Wheatley will leave the program ranked second in career interceptions with 14. CU does not include bowl statistics in its official statistics. Wheatley said he expects to be completely healthy within another two weeks.

"I'm not going to go out there and be ineffective to the point where I just hurt the team," Wheatley said.

That is huge for CU. He is probably their only cover guy that could keep up with Purify. Bad for the kid but awesome for us.

I hope Mo has 20 catches in this game. It is so sad that we have, at most, two more games to watch this guy play for us.

PLEASE feature him in the offense this week, Callahan/Watson!!!! PLEASE!

No excuse will be necessary, if we lose it is because we do not yet have the talent, but that gap will be closing, come on Darrel Scott!!!!

That sure could be taken as a built-in excuse, no?

:wacko:

We are just not a good team yet, if we were a good team and we lost then I guess there might be some excuses, but our offense is just really poor.

No excuse will be necessary, if we lose it is because we do not yet have the talent, but that gap will be closing, come on Darrel Scott!!!!

That sure could be taken as a built-in excuse, no?

:wacko:

We are just not a good team yet, if we were a good team and we lost then I guess there might be some excuses, but our offense is just really poor.

Maybe, but there's no reason you guys can't win this game. You beat Oklahoma, which is no mean feat, and we're not exactly firing on all cylinders every game.

I don't expect a blowout, that's for sure.

but it is hard to not be somewhat in awe about how well Ganz played in his last game, he was firing on all cylinders, I am just trying to avoid getting to worked up for this game, I am one of those homers who does look forward to this game and when we have had good teams I was left rather heart broken. One thing in the 90's outside of maybe 1-2 games they were all competitive and had me there bleeding until the end.

That is huge for CU. He is probably their only cover guy that could keep up with Purify. Bad for the kid but awesome for us.

I hope Mo has 20 catches in this game. It is so sad that we have, at most, two more games to watch this guy play for us.

PLEASE feature him in the offense this week, Callahan/Watson!!!! PLEASE!

I think that is up to Ganz. Like the KSU game, Ganz looks off his receivers checks them all out, makes the best selection. He trusts Mo, he knows as long as the ball is thrown to him, he'll catch it, even in a crowd.