Hear Legendary Husker Radio Announcer Lyell Bremser!

Got this from another Husker site.

For you young'uns (and us old farts over the age of 30), you can hear the master of NU football on Thursday morning 6 am - 9am on KLIN call the NU-Alabama game from 1977.

Alabama, with Ozzie Newsome and Major Ogilvie (best college football name ever), came into Lincoln ranked #4 and NU was unranked. NU pulled off an exciting win over Bear Bryant that day.

Lyell could have been a national broadcaster - he was that good. But I believe he had a business interest in KFAB, so he never persued a national career.

I moved here when I was 4. My dad was in broadcasting and really didn't care about NU football, but listened to the games simply because of Lyell Bremser.

No one like Lyell, and everyone else since has paled in comparison. This is worth getting up for.

Hope everyone has a great, safe Thanksgiving.

Got this from another Husker site.

For you young'uns (and us old farts over the age of 30), you can hear the master of NU football on Thursday morning 6 am - 9am on KLIN call the NU-Alabama game from 1977.

Alabama, with Ozzie Newsome and Major Ogilvie (best college football name ever), came into Lincoln ranked #4 and NU was unranked. NU pulled off an exciting win over Bear Bryant that day.

Lyell could have been a national broadcaster - he was that good. But I believe he had a business interest in KFAB, so he never persued a national career.

I moved here when I was 4. My dad was in broadcasting and really didn't care about NU football, but listened to the games simply because of Lyell Bremser.

No one like Lyell, and everyone else since has paled in comparison. This is worth getting up for.

Hope everyone has a great, safe Thanksgiving.

Watch the '71 NEB vr OK Game every TG and listen to Lyle's call... "Man, woman and child, he's gone!"

God Bless Lyle B. There will never be another.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez