Sonny Lubick Stepping Down

The Coloradoan - Sonny Lubick Out

Highlights -

Sonny Lubick’s days as Colorado State University’s football coach apparently are over.

Lubick, the most successful coach in the school’s history, told Wyoming coach Joe Glenn shortly after the Rams beat the Cowboys 36-28 Friday in the annual Border War at Hughes Stadium that he was not coming back for his 16th season. Lubick then hinted at the same thing to his players and some boosters after the game.

From the Comments -

If Athletic Director Paul Kowalczyk trolls these forums, may I recommend 3 coaches I'd like to see roaming the CSU sideline:

1) Ohio University's Frank Solich.

2) North Dakota State's Craig Bohl

3) Wyoming's Joe Glenn

Now for 3 coaches I do NOT want to see on CSU's sideline:

1) Texas A&M's Dennis Franchione

2) Nebraska's Bill Callahan

3) Rick Neuheisel (ok that one's a HUGE stretch, but I could only think of two)

Solich, Bohl, & Glenn as the wants for CSU! Good for them!

This is interesting. I met a brother of CSU assistant coach Stephen Sandard at the health club I belong to in Omaha. This was four years ago just after Callahan was hired, and the brother had talks with Stephen Sandard about the hiring of Callahan. Stephen said Lubick predicted exactly what has happened in Lincoln. Lubick said he didn't know a lot about Callahan at that time, but he said the assistants were all very good recruiters but not very good coaches.

I took this with a grain a salt of the time, but boy he was right on. Lubick said this wasn't going to work and the coaches would end up leaving. He also said in other words that Solich's assistants were much better. It's scary how right he was. Dr. Rob of Sports Soundoff, who I have met and works out at this health club, Prairie Life, heard the same conversation I did. Interesting stuff.

Sonny "stepped down" the same way that you'd "step down" if I kicked a ladder out from under you.

Things will get very interesting at CSU(already are actually). If you think Ped got thrown to the curb like a red headed stepchild, just wait.

The university president is already in full blown damage control mode. I'd fall out of my seat laughing if Sonny was hired to replace this prick AD who tossed him out the door.

Kowalczyk won't make it 2 years as CSU AD. If he does, the program won't get a $ from anyone.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_7566121 Worth reading

Bohl would be a very good candidate. Somebody should snatch him up soon.

Frank is pretty old, IMO if he had stayed here he'd probably have handed the reigns to Gill or Bo by now. If he wasn't old he'd have likely gotten a better job than Ohio. I doubt he takes another HC-job at this point. Though if he did move he'd likely do a solid job.

Glenn is barely holding-on at Wyoming.

So I'd say Bohl is the best candidate.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I suggested this coach earlier for the spot of QB coach at UNL and that was probably a stretch but he may be ready for a spot with the Rams.

Curtis Riggs was an NAIA National Champion QB at the University of Sioux Falls.

As OC for his alma mater he is just 2 games away from a third straight NC, that will make 4 rings.

He is head coach of an arena football league team, the Sioux Falls Storm, that has three straight championships and has not lost a game for the last three years. They have the longest winning streak of any professional team ever. That makes seven rings for a coach who is still in his 20ies.

Lots of experience. In a variety of spots all of which are very QB oriented positions.

Young, successful, a winner.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez