Miles, Pelini, & Gill

Coaching Carosel

Highlight -

The lure of coaching at Nebraska is said to be strong for Pelini, but at LSU the only challenge is maintaining what Nick Saban and Miles built. The Cornhuskers, who haven’t been a serious contender for the national crown since 2001, will be in a rebuilding mode and some are wondering if Nebraska will ever return to the glory years it enjoyed under the Tom Osborne.

If LSU hires Pelini, Gill, according to sources, is Plan B and there isn’t a Plan C. That’s a change in direction from only a few weeks ago, when it was said if the Nebraska coaching job were sliced into a pie, Gill would receive 40 percent, Pelini 30 percent and a group of other candidates the rest.

Whatever happens, Osborne, the interim athletics director, is almost certain to hire from within the Nebraska family. Bob Devaney started the Cornhuskers’ modern day run up the national championship ladder before handing the reins to Osborne,.

I'm not sure a writer in Buffalo has an inside line on who are the leading candidates for the soon to be open head coaching position at NU. Considering those close to the program don't really have an idea of what is going happen.

I like the line "If LSU hires Pelini". I'd give you some long odds that is not going to happen. It would be a hell of a stretch for NU to hire him and we don't have much left to lose if he turns out to be a disaster.

Tonite on Fox Sports, the visiting coach felt Pelini would not be retained by LSU either way. He thinks he is gone. He does not think that Pelini will be hired by Nebraska and if he is it is a big mistake. He stated Pelini has done far less with more talent than anyone. Pretty harsh.

Unfortunatley I did not get the coaches name.

I think he was on Olberman's show, at least that is who it sounded like.