news conference at 9:30 (Central) this morning

np_husker

I read this at Huskers illustrated:

Osborne set to have press conference on Saturday

by Sean Callahan

Interim Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne has called a 9:30 a.m. press conference on level six of West Stadium for Saturday morning. Osborne is expected to announce the future of NU head football coach Bill Callahan and his staff at Saturday's press conference

Wow, the meeting with Callahan must have been really early this morning!

I'm thinking the decision was already made and Callahan knew, but this morning is a formality and then public announcement. No, I do not have sources, this is just what I think after reading every Husker message board I could find.

Will this be broadcast on Huskers.com or on one of the local news channels??

Try wowt.com or ketv.com

Thanks!!

Eric,

Doesn't sound impossible considering the game finished early and the team probably returned to Lincoln at a reasonable time. And I'm guessing the meeting went something like this:

Osborne: Evening Coach...

Cally: Evening Higher Up

Osborne: You're fired!!

Cally: I know

Osborne: Get your crap and get the hell out of here!

Cally: It's already packed up

Osborne: C'ya...wouldn't want to be ya!

Cally: Kiss my ass, give me my cash!

KETV's Mike'L Severe reports the coaches and Osborne may have met last night...not sure how that could have been...FYI

Osborne is expected to meet with the coaching staff ahead of the news conference. Staff members began arriving at Memorial Stadium around 7 a.m., the first of them parking in a restricted area to the east of Nebraska's practice fields. Callahan arrived at 7:20 a.m. followed within minutes by Osborne.

LJS Article

KETV's Mike'L Severe reports the coaches and Osborne may have met last night...not sure how that could have been...FYI

Osborne is expected to meet with the coaching staff ahead of the news conference. Staff members began arriving at Memorial Stadium around 7 a.m., the first of them parking in a restricted area to the east of Nebraska's practice fields. Callahan arrived at 7:20 a.m. followed within minutes by Osborne.

LJS Article

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in this meeting room.

Are they arguing?

Are they surprised at whatever the decision is?

Are papers and books being thrown?

Are they cleaning out there desks as we speak?