news conference at 9:30 (Central) this morning

np_husker

Eric,

Doesn't sound impossible considering the game finished early and the team probably returned to Lincoln at a reasonable time. And I'm guessing the meeting went something like this:

Osborne: Evening Coach...

Cally: Evening Higher Up

Osborne: You're fired!!

Cally: I know

Osborne: Get your crap and get the hell out of here!

Cally: It's already packed up

Osborne: C'ya...wouldn't want to be ya!

Cally: Kiss my ass, give me my cash!

:yeah:restore

Did Callahan just call him that??? :hellloooo

In four seasons, Callahan has a 27-22 mark at Nebraska.

After the game Friday, he spoke as a man who was about to hear some bad news.

“I’m going to wake up tomorrow and deal with whatever we deal with and carry on,” he said. “I’m sure Coach Osborne has a lot to talk about him. We’ll sit down and visit about them.”

All I can say is, if anyone is surprised about this, they have NOT been paying attention to the signs over the past eight weeks.

Ten minute meeting. Connect the dots.

And Creighton/NU basketball? They're not going to suffer one bit because of this. Let's not be absurd.

Yep it doesn't take long to say we are letting your go here's your check. Thanks for your time.

Not sure what to make of that. I guess Watson met with Oborne after Callahan. Could Watson be the new HC???

Don't know, we don't need an interim, since we aren't going bowling, maybe TO wants to keep him on, but that is up to the new coach????????

Well....I've often wondered if Watson's being on the sidelines was Obornes way to evaluate him and his interaction with the players during a game time atmosphere. There's no way Callahan would have allowed Watson down on the sidelines unless he was told to do so by the "higher ups".

Not sure what to make of that. I guess Watson met with Oborne after Callahan. Could Watson be the new HC???

Don't know, we don't need an interim, since we aren't going bowling, maybe TO wants to keep him on, but that is up to the new coach????????

You name an interim to maintain some semblance of recruiting, and to afford you whatever time you need or want to start or complete a coaching search, if necessary.

maybe need an interim for recruiting purposes? and maybe TO knows who the new coach is going to be and watson is going to be offered OC by the new coach?