question about the coach to be...??

I know they're talking about Pelini and other options....and Osborne wants to make a decision soon for recruiting purposes. But if it's someone like Pelini who will be playing in a bowl game at the end of the season, WILL they announce it before then? Would Pelini or someone similar want to make the announcement before taking a team into a bowl game "Kids, I'm leaving at the end of the season....but good luck out there!"

Or does he leave his team BEFORE the bowl game?

no way will he leave his kids before their bowl game, if it is Pelini or anyone else going to a bowl game. TO would never expect that from anyone nor would he demand it.

the more i think about it, as long as he shows interest, Paul Johnson is the man. appears to have integrity and is a smart guy.

I don't see any Asst coach staying with an team untill after their bowl unless it's someone on a team playing for an National Championship and even that is iffy. What coach will stay with a team when it would hurt his future team recruiting wise?

no way will he leave his kids before their bowl game, if it is Pelini or anyone else going to a bowl game. TO would never expect that from anyone nor would he demand it.

the more i think about it, as long as he shows interest, Paul Johnson is the man. appears to have integrity and is a smart guy.

I don't see any Asst coach staying with an team untill after their bowl unless it's someone on a team playing for an National Championship and even that is iffy. What coach will stay with a team when it would hurt his future team recruiting wise?

Yeah, any assistant making the move to head coach - anywhere, not just here - will go immediately. It's almost unheard of for an assistant to stay for the bowl game in this sort of situation.

IMO, if Pelini is named HC, he will be in Lincoln immediately...... If we hire a HC who is playing in a bowl game, then I think it is 50-50 on whether or not he come early or not......

Mike Stoops left OU before their NC game when he went to Arizona...

TO isn't going to hire anyone that isn't willing to start immediately, it's too damaging to recruiting.