How many don't expect Bo/Gill?

***SNIP***

We have failed with an unproven head coach twice. WE need to spend the money to get somone that can do the job. He does not have to be from Nebraska, he does not have accept anything from Nebraska, all he has to do is win. If he wins, we will love him period.

***SNIP***

Agreed. I have no inside information - nothing to hang my hat on. But I suspect that one of the criterion that Dr. Tom will be looking at is "proven head coach". Proven. Someone who has demonstrated that he knows how to build a team, evaluate and hire good assistants, manage the recruiting, all phases of a program.

The wrong choice will not necessarily doom Nebraska, but it would set us back years. The right hire could, possibly, make this a competative team immediately. The best way to know that your hire will most likely suceed is to hire someone that's done it before.

Gill at least has some of those qualities, but not enough, and not in the kind of environment found at Nebraska. Pelini - or any other coordinator - doesn't have that track record. Doesn't mean that they would fail, but it does mean that you can't be as certain as you can be if you hire someone that's "been there, done that".

***SNIP***

We have failed with an unproven head coach twice. WE need to spend the money to get somone that can do the job. He does not have to be from Nebraska, he does not have accept anything from Nebraska, all he has to do is win. If he wins, we will love him period.

***SNIP***

Agreed. I have no inside information - nothing to hang my hat on. But I suspect that one of the criterion that Dr. Tom will be looking at is "proven head coach". Proven. Someone who has demonstrated that he knows how to build a team, evaluate and hire good assistants, manage the recruiting, all phases of a program.

The wrong choice will not necessarily doom Nebraska, but it would set us back years. The right hire could, possibly, make this a competative team immediately. The best way to know that your hire will most likely suceed is to hire someone that's done it before.

Gill at least has some of those qualities, but not enough, and not in the kind of environment found at Nebraska. Pelini - or any other coordinator - doesn't have that track record. Doesn't mean that they would fail, but it does mean that you can't be as certain as you can be if you hire someone that's "been there, done that".

Agree AR. I would like to get someone that's 'been there done that'. Not so much risk and I certainly don't need someone with Nebraska ties for gods sake. That to me means nothing and extremely limits the pool from which to choose from. Give me a proven winner at the HC level and a motivator and I'll be good. Although it really doesn't matter want we hope for, demand or want. T.O. will do what he wants anyway.

He always has.

GO BIG RED!