How many don't expect Bo/Gill?

It seems that Bo or Turner have been mentioned for the past month. They seem to be the 1st names mentioned by just about everyone, within the state of Nebraska. The outside publications tend to mention other "outside" candidates, but naturally Bo-Turner have the "popularity" vote in the State.

Now, how many people on this board truly believe it will NOT be one of these two guys? This is not one of those "my opinion is better than yours" posts.... Pure speculation and guessing.... We all have lobbied for each of our "own favorite" guy, so this is simple.

Will it be either/both Turner and/or Bo

or

Will it be someone other than the perverbial top 2.

I will go out on a limb, and say that I don't see either one of these guys being the HC..... don't have a problem with either, just getting a sense that we may see a different face.... nothing but a guess-hunch.

Oh damn.....don't put it like that..... I friggin hate Shatel..... I never even stopped to think about he and I being on the same page.....this alone may make me change my opinion...... Bring on Bo-Gill...HA

Sorry about that brutha!

I dont much care for Shatel either but he did have some decent points in that article today.

Expect and wishing are two different things. I expect for either to be named. My buddy in Oklahoma was not too upset when they got rid of Bo a couple of years ago. He caused some controversies with off field comments and might have a roving eye (can't confirm that and don't care to discuss that one). Gill has much more experience than Bo when it comes to head coaching. But, as others have stated before, would we seriously the Buffalo coach if it wasnt Turner? This hire is way too important. If we mess this up (look at Toms track record for recommendations) it could set our program back many many years. We might be or have become a good mid-level (think Kansas) college football team. Shocking as it may seem, things are lining up that way. If we are not capapble of bringing a Peterson, Kelly, or another "hot" head coach here-- we might very well be slouching towards Gommorra. Most of us do not view ourselves that way, we love our team too much. But sometimes when you talk to someone on the outside (state) they point out things that we are unaware of. Some of us celebrated when Frank was fired. We were overjoyed that Nebraska was no longer practicing imbreeding with their coaching staff-- now look what it has gotten us. The best way this turns out is we bring a few of our own home and get one of the best HEAD coaches out there. Not just satisfy the screams for one guy or another because they appear to be a sexy choice for a fixable (passion for the game) problem. I trust Tom to do the best job he can. He will be able to rally us around anyone in the land without a doubt. The next two weeks should be exciting.

Ozzy will hire someone who isn't on anyone's radar

Would never hire Bo, Gill, or Solich

Just my gut

I have thought that with all the speculation, it is bound to be a choice out of left field. Who knows, apparently Bo and Turner have both been contacted. Who knows what TO has in mind. :dunno

It's scary and exciting at the same time.

I'm scared of an outsider cause look what happened with BC.

Hiring within hasn't been bad... even though Solich was 9-3 , he was fired by an idiot and even though college football has changed since Solich left, he probably would have adapted like T.O. always did.

Remember when we didn't have a great defense and then they did alot of work within the program and we kicked ass!

Oh well, I'm rambling and we'll just have to trust T.O. *Fingers crossed*

I'm scared of an outsider cause look what happened with BC.

Hiring within hasn't been bad... even though Solich was 9-3 , he was fired by an idiot and even though college football has changed since Solich left, he probably would have adapted like T.O. always did.

We don't necessarily need a Nebraska legacy guy to come in and be HC. If a guy like Jim Grobe or Brian Kelley were hired, I would like to see at least one or two assistants with NU ties, like Scott Frost, Jimmy Williams, Sanders, Wistrom.

What is more important is that the new coach understands and respects Nebraska football, its importance, its unique-ness, its tradition, and embraces them. That is something that Callllllahan never did.

Do any of you remember the 3 losses our kick ass defense had under Bo.

Very little difference than in our recent DC's work. And none of the those losses were to the Number 1 team in the country.

Bo will get an interview because that is what Husker Nation wants. He will never ever get the job, just like he has not gotten any other Heac Coaching job he has interviewed for.

Grobe, Kelley, Glenn, Lane Kiffen, hell even nutt job would be better.

We have failed with an unproven head coach twice. WE need to spend the money to get somone that can do the job. He does not have to be from Nebraska, he does not have accept anything from Nebraska, all he has to do is win. If he wins, we will love him period.

But of all I mentioned I think each and everyone would accept and grab hold of Nebraska tradition.

Peilini will grab a pay check, turn the boosters against the program and send us into NCAA sanctions.

Those are my opinions. Not facts, but that is all any of us are dealing with. What we think. I certainly could be wrong, I was wrong on BC. I was wrong on Frank.

It seems to me there are a few glaringly obvious differences. In those 3 losses in 03 we surrendered 31, 38, 45 pts with an avg of 499 yds of offense. In our 3 worst losses this year we gave up 49, 65, 76 pts with an avg of 597 yds of offense....... I don't care who we get so long is the order is restored!

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

Just wanted to add that those yardage totals and point totals in 07 are not from the same games. Those were our 3 worst yardage and point totals of the season. In 03 our 3 losses were our 3 worst defesive yardage totals.

Do any of you remember the 3 losses our kick ass defense had under Bo.

Very little difference than in our recent DC's work. And none of the those losses were to the Number 1 team in the country.

Bo will get an interview because that is what Husker Nation wants. He will never ever get the job, just like he has not gotten any other Heac Coaching job he has interviewed for.

Grobe, Kelley, Glenn, Lane Kiffen, hell even nutt job would be better.

We have failed with an unproven head coach twice. WE need to spend the money to get someone that can do the job. He does not have to be from Nebraska, he does not have accept anything from Nebraska, all he has to do is win. If he wins, we will love him period.

But of all I mentioned I think each and everyone would accept and grab hold of Nebraska tradition.

Peilini will grab a pay check, turn the boosters against the program and send us into NCAA sanctions.

Those are my opinions. Not facts, but that is all any of us are dealing with. What we think. I certainly could be wrong, I was wrong on BC. I was wrong on Frank.

well i disagree. Pelini can't afford to jack up a HC job. His next move would be a demotion to a DC again, at a much lower level school, if he jacked up any one's program. he has coached at NU , OU and now LSU.

he has been associated with the top schools in the country. when he coached our defense we kicked ass and had a huge turnover ration compared to any of the teams cally has fielded, not even remotely goddamn close, nowhere, no how.......

if Pelini comes, the key to his success will be a damn good OC, who if he is smart, he will let him run the O.

that gives him plenty of time to recruit and oversee the development of a killer defense, the likes of which we haven't seen in 4-5 years. let it happen.

Hunter,

You do relize there is talk of him being fired at LSU. He will not be considered for the HC job there. They have him in house and know what he can do.

Why for the love of god the love affair with this weasel, and I use that word in place of what I really feel.

No one cired when he left Oklahoma, more power to LSU. Now he is about to get canned at LSU and we think he walks on water for a average year at Nebraska. Anytime he faced competition his defense got lit up, just as it is doing now.

I have a personal grudge against him, there is no question, but listen to what is being said by the media and the LSU fans. They are not in love with him trust me.

We can do better, we must do a lot better, or 4 years from now if not sooner we will be having this discussion. He is not what we need. I am 60 years old, followed this program very closely for most of my life. I have never felt this adamant about a person before. He is going to destroy this program. We can not afford him period.