Would it be possible to get...

Yes, it is possible. I think the question is that if given the chance, would Turner come back in a supporting role, rather than the head job? Nebraska could pay him better for being an assistant head coach/offensive coordinator than Buffalo does for being head coach, I believe. It's really hard to say. Pelini has stated that he likes the spread offense and who knows if that is what Turner would want to run. Lots of things to factor in there.

This scenario has been intriguing me. I think it could happen and would have a very positive reaction from the fan base. In thinking about it, we need both of these guys for different reasons and they compliment each other. They have coached together before so that is a positive (I have never heard they did not like coaching together). The one thing that makes me think this could actually happen is that with Gill you have a guy that is not about ego...if TO really feels like he could help the team in coming back as the OC, then I can see Gill really considering it. I think it would be really cool, actually.

The one thing that worries me about Pelini is the idea he may view a college head coaching job as a step towards a head coaching job in the NFL. If that is true, I wouldn't expect him to be at NU but maybe 6-8 years at which time Turner would stand a good chance of moving up to the HC position. I hope this doesn't come true simply because I don't want to see NU becoming another coaching carousel but it's an idea I can see as being plausible.

The one thing that worries me about Pelini is the idea he may view a college head coaching job as a step towards a head coaching job in the NFL. If that is true, I wouldn't expect him to be at NU but maybe 6-8 years at which time Turner would stand a good chance of moving up to the HC position. I hope this doesn't come true simply because I don't want to see NU becoming another coaching carousel but it's an idea I can see as being plausible.

Anytime there is a successful college head coach, they are going to be rumored for jobs in the NFL...difficult to know if that would be Pelini's ultimate goal but sure he would be asked question in the interview. On one hand if he is getting head coaching offers in NFL, then it must mean we did well with him. :) Pelini strikes me as one that can motivate college kids...NFL is different story...guys like Pete Carroll, Steve Spurrier, and Nick Saban did not do so well in the NFL...I think the recent prevailing thinking on this is that some would be wise to stay in the college game where they have most influence. Here in southern CA this always comes up with Pete Carroll and the reaction is why would he leave...fans love him, team loves him, program is behind him 100%, he is paid very well, he is the King of L.A. (no NFL team to share spotlight with). If Pelini succeeded at Nebraska he'd be viewed same way in Nebraska (no NFL to compete with either). If we get 6-8 years from Pelini and he wins so much, wins national championship, he is so good, etc. that the NFL comes courting, then we just have to live with that and be happy.

"Anytime there is a successful college head coach, they are going to be rumored for jobs in the NFL...difficult to know if that would be Pelini's ultimate goal but sure he would be asked question in the interview. On one hand if he is getting head coaching offers in NFL, then it must mean we did well with him. Pelini strikes me as one that can motivate college kids...NFL is different story...guys like Pete Carroll, Steve Spurrier, and Nick Saban did not do so well in the NFL...I think the recent prevailing thinking on this is that some would be wise to stay in the college game where they have most influence. Here in southern CA this always comes up with Pete Carroll and the reaction is why would he leave...fans love him, team loves him, program is behind him 100%, he is paid very well, he is the King of L.A. (no NFL team to share spotlight with). If Pelini succeeded at Nebraska he'd be viewed same way in Nebraska (no NFL to compete with either). If we get 6-8 years from Pelini and he wins so much, wins national championship, he is so good, etc. that the NFL comes courting, then we just have to live with that and be happy."

:yeah