ZAC POTTER

OLDMAN

I hope the new coach lights a fire under him.

He should be ashamed of being a local guy and being pushed around like some girly man all year.

Lift some weights and quit reading your high school press clippings over and over.

I don't understand why he's a DE. He's big enough he should be playing tackle, and let someone with speed play end.

The kid did actually improve this year, oldman. However, he has a way to go. He got sucked in more than once on Friday against CU.

DaveH: you hit the nail on the head. Potter did not stay at home on at least 6 misdirection plays where CU did copious damage to NU. Now, I have been a defensive coordinator in my distant past and the first thing taught to a DE when the play goes (initially) the other way is not to pursue and to shed your block, stay at home and defend your edge in the event of misdirection. This is especially important against opponents who, on film, have shown a tendancy to run misdirection plays (like CU). I blame the coaches for the disaster that took place at CU --- I am flabbergasted beyond all reckoning that Cosgrove and the DL coach) did not prep the DE's before the game or rectify the situation on the field. Any decent HS defensive coordinator would have called that out and stopped it.

Literally, very literally, if Potter (and to a lesser extent Turner) had stayed at home and played their edge as they should have, NU beats CU. It was that simple (of course, that is predicated on Potter and Turner making the tackles as the CU guys runs straight into them).

The kid did actually improve this year, oldman. However, he has a way to go. He got sucked in more than once on Friday against CU.

DaveH: you hit the nail on the head. Potter did not stay at home on at least 6 misdirection plays where CU did copious damage to NU. Now, I have been a defensive coordinator in my distant past and the first thing taught to a DE when the play goes (initially) the other way is not to pursue and to shed your block, stay at home and defend your edge in the event of misdirection. This is especially important against opponents who, on film, have shown a tendancy to run misdirection plays (like CU). I blame the coaches for the disaster that took place at CU --- I am flabbergasted beyond all reckoning that Cosgrove and the DL coach) did not prep the DE's before the game or rectify the situation on the field. Any decent HS defensive coordinator would have called that out and stopped it.

Literally, very literally, if Potter (and to a lesser extent Turner) had stayed at home and played their edge as they should have, NU beats CU. It was that simple (of course, that is predicated on Potter and Turner making the tackles as the CU guys runs straight into them).

we have known for years, cosgrove can't coach. really, the guy just looked helpless on the sidelines.