Do you honestly think that Dr Tom would hire the HC AND the Assistant HC? I don't. I don't want a AD to do that! think Osborne will hire the HC and let HIM hire his own staff. I read where some seem to think that Tom will hire both. I just don't see him doing that. Just my opinion of course.

I suspect if he's headed to see Pelini now, He's decided Bo is the first choice. I think he's spoken with Bo before...at least I would think so, they're both coaches, both worked at NU. Would seem to make sense. So he probably has an idea of what he wants to do.

I would also think Pelini might have Turner in mind for a possible OC anyway. They do know each other and I bet they talk from time to time. So it could happen. I'm just not holding my breath on it.

Do you honestly think that Dr Tom would hire the HC AND the Assistant HC? I don't. I don't want a AD to do that! think Osborne will hire the HC and let HIM hire his own staff. I read where some seem to think that Tom will hire both. I just don't see him doing that. Just my opinion of course.

I suspect if he's headed to see Pelini now, He's decided Bo is the first choice. I think he's spoken with Bo before...at least I would think so, they're both coaches, both worked at NU. Would seem to make sense. So he probably has an idea of what he wants to do.

I would also think Pelini might have Turner in mind for a possible OC anyway. They do know each other and I bet they talk from time to time. So it could happen. I'm just not holding my breath on it.

Now that would make sense! I just HOPE that Tom let's whoever the HC is, chose his own staff. Hell as far as we know, maybe Bo told Osborne "if I get offered the job I would love to have Gill as my AHC/OC". :dunno I also think that Bo is Dr Tom's first choice and he may have some inside about other schools becoming very interested in Bo.

Do you honestly think that Dr Tom would hire the HC AND the Assistant HC? I don't. I don't want a AD to do that! I think Osborne will hire the HC and let whoever it may be, he will let that HC hire his own staff. I read where some seem to think that Tom will hire both. I just don't see him doing that. Just my opinion of course.

TO will most likely stay out of the way of who the new HC wants. However I'll bet that part of his hiring criteria will include adding former Husker coaches to the staff to help bring back that history and tradition,etc. So yes you are correct he may not tell the new HC specifically who to hire, but would probably tell him in order to get the job they would need to be open and hire a few assistant's w/prior Nebraska ties. :) This is why I think that there are really only 2 candidates for this job....BP and TG.

Do you honestly think that Dr Tom would hire the HC AND the Assistant HC? I don't. I don't want a AD to do that! I think Osborne will hire the HC and let whoever it may be, he will let that HC hire his own staff. I read where some seem to think that Tom will hire both. I just don't see him doing that. Just my opinion of course.

TO will most likely stay out of the way of who the new HC wants. However I'll bet that part of his hiring criteria will include adding former Husker coaches to the staff to help bring back that history and tradition,etc. So yes you are correct he may not tell the new HC specifically who to hire, but would probably tell him in order to get the job they would need to be open and hire a few assistant's w/prior Nebraska ties. :) This is why I think that there are really only 2 candidates for this job....BP and TG.

Well I would NOT be a fan of that! It would be like Pud all over again! Too much control in things that he need not be in control of. Grant it I am all for tradition and such but I am not for someone spoon feeding to a coach so to speak. One thing about Bo that he has going for him, is he know's our traditions already.

Does that mean Frank Solich as runningback coach?.. :lol:

Do you honestly think that Dr Tom would hire the HC AND the Assistant HC? I don't. I don't want a AD to do that! I think Osborne will hire the HC and let whoever it may hire his own staff. I read where some seem to think that Tom will hire both. I just don't see him doing that. Just my opinion of course.

I hope not. One big decision for TO is enough.

Well I would NOT be a fan of that! It would be like Pud all over again! Too much control in things that he need not be in control of. Grant it I am all for tradition and such but I am not for someone spoon feeding to a coach so to speak. One thing about Bo that he has going for him, is he know's our traditions already.

The difference is TO know's football....PUD didn't. :)

I know that in an earlier thread, I posted that on a "hunch", I thought TO would bring in a guy other than Bo and Turner.....but, on this topic, what about this....

I was visiting with my wife...yes, she is an avid fan who doesn't nec. want either..why I don't know, but we discussed this earlier...

What if TO wants Bo to be HC because he knows he will not accept anything less.... There is no question how TO feels about Gill.... I honestly believe that TO would "suggest" to Bo that Turner be offered the AHC and OC.... Who served as OC in the alamo bowl...was it Turner who ran the offense under Bo?

In turn, TO may sway Gill to leave his post at Buffalo to become a ACH/OC and will pay the same $, and I wouldn't be surprised if TO doesn't want to "groom" Gill to become a fantastic HC, or more realistically, TO would probably mention to Gill that he may eventually be AD at NU.....TO would love to have Gill in-house.

I know this may be a stretch, but how unrealistic is it....especially since Bo and Gill have worked together in almost the same capacity before....because of this, Bo may actually support the whole idea.

I know that in an earlier thread, I posted that on a "hunch", I thought TO would bring in a guy other than Bo and Turner.....but, on this topic, what about this....

I was visiting with my wife...yes, she is an avid fan who doesn't nec. want either..why I don't know, but we discussed this earlier...

What if TO wants Bo to be HC because he knows he will not accept anything less.... There is no question how TO feels about Gill.... I honestly believe that TO would "suggest" to Bo that Turner be offered the AHC and OC.... Who served as OC in the alamo bowl...was it Turner who ran the offense under Bo?

In turn, TO may sway Gill to leave his post at Buffalo to become a ACH/OC and will pay the same $, and I wouldn't be surprised if TO doesn't want to "groom" Gill to become a fantastic HC, or more realistically, TO would probably mention to Gill that he may eventually be AD at NU.....TO would love to have Gill in-house.

I know this may be a stretch, but how unrealistic is it....especially since Bo and Gill have worked together in almost the same capacity before....because of this, Bo may actually support the whole idea.

I see that as a very strong and definitely good possibility. :)

You may be right with the assumption that Bo may be the first choice because he is the 1st to interview......but it may also be because Bo will be very busy the rest of the week preparing for the SEC Championship, so TO felt the need to get this over sooner instead of waiting.... He understands Bo needs to focus on his own team for at least the next week... All other possible candidates should be free next week....