Parting Shots

Thought some of these snippets were interesting...

Parting shots

# Quoting Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz: "What I saw in the 1980s (as an Iowa assistant under Hayden Fry) convinced me that if you do things right here, you can win. I don't know if we can win the Big Ten two out of three years all the time. But we can be there in November. I can't ever envision getting fired for going 9-3. The guy in the next state did."

# Speaking of former Nebraska coach Frank Solich, many eagle-eyed Husker fans spotted him on the Oklahoma sideline again for last Saturday's Big 12 Championship game. Solich served as the Sooners' liaison to league officials for the contest.

# Speaking of Solich II: Indiana Rivals.com writer Mike Pegram handicaps Solich as the 10-to-1 second choice to become the Hoosier's new coach. Kansas State defensive coordinator Bob Elliott is Pegram's first choice at 5-to-1.

# In a piece for ESPN.com, Dallas Morning News writer Chip Brown lists Nebraska coach Bill Callahan's debut as the biggest disappointment in the Big 12 this season, saying that Callahan "seemed like the dumbest coach in America at times. He pressed on with a passing attack despite a quarterback who averaged nearly two interceptions per game."

# Continuing with the theme, ESPN.com Page 2 writer Jeff Merron lists Nebraska's conversion to the West Coast offense as No. 8 in its listing of "All the wrong moves in 2004."

# In a piece for ESPN.com, Dallas Morning News writer Chip Brown lists Nebraska coach Bill Callahan's debut as the biggest disappointment in the Big 12 this season, saying that Callahan "seemed like the dumbest coach in America at times. He pressed on with a passing attack despite a quarterback who averaged nearly two interceptions per game."

This is the only one that is taken out of context. If the receivers are open you throw the ball. That's the offense.