Bo is the best candidate

Thanks for the post Redtildead. Obviously the boards are stuffed full of coaching opinions and such but I appreciate people who are honest.

I think there are some great points here. There could be several coaches out there who would be a good fit. There are plenty of good performance achievements. The biggest point on Pelini, like you said, is his experience at big time schools who play in the best conferences, against some of the best opponents. That is irreplaceable experience. As people always say, you learn by doing.

Turner Gill is a fantastic coach and individual...no doubt about that. He did great things for Nebraska football as an assistant here and doing great things at Buffalo. Remember that Buffalo was a bottom feeder school. They won something like a total of 4 games over the span of 8 years. They had no program, no players, no organization, nothing. So to come in there and even break .500 is seen as a miracle. When you are starting at the rock bottom with nothing, even some slight improvement is seen as being huge. Not taking away anything from Turner or his team but be cautious when saying just because he has made some things turn around there he can do it here.

There is a lot to be said about the conference your school is playing in. Look at Hawaii. They are undefeated and still ranked #15 or somewhere close. There is a reason for that. They play in a crappy conference where the competition is less than stellar. While there are many things that will make a great head coach, someone who knows what it takes to win at the top level is a huge plus.

1st of all its not Hawaiis fault their in a crappy confrence i my self would like 2 see Hawaii play in the national championship y?? well they have no losses ,and i wanna see if their really that good lets see if they can beat a team like ohio state and the BCS is a joke anyways their should be playoffs in college football you take the top 8 teams or whatever and let them play and see who gets 2 play in the big dance you would still have the other bowl games ,but then again u would still have the a$$hole$ saying that teams are losseing money which i dont understand i think its more like we dont wanna lose 2 a small school team or something like that