T.O. needs to make a decision quick.

I mean each new day there is another job opening and with nebraska coming off of Satan's tenure need to name somebody quick so they might not go somewhere else. I know he has to have in mind someone and i think only Turner Gill would get a fair shot at it because he is a former husker and would be given more time specially under T.O. but i do think that Bo Pelini or someone else would get us back to butt kicking a lot faster. So whoever he picks i just hope they are still around when he makes his decision.

I mean each new day there is another job opening and with nebraska coming off of Satan's tenure need to name somebody quick so they might not go somewhere else. I know he has to have in mind someone and i think only Turner Gill would get a fair shot at it because he is a former husker and would be given more time specially under T.O. but i do think that Bo Pelini or someone else would get us back to butt kicking a lot faster. So whoever he picks i just hope they are still around when he makes his decision.

Remember Tom had a search firm working on his list for some time before he fired Callahan finding out who is REALLY interested in the job. Also, he wants a coach that wants to coach at Nebraska, not just where ever he could get a good salary.

Having said that, the coach Tom is looking for will wait for the interview and the job offer. He may already have an understanding with someone already interviewed. He may also, through the search firm, have an understanding with someone who hasn't finished their season and will be interviewed next week.

For instance, Kelly says he hasn't been contacted by Nebraska, nor has his AD. They didn't say the search firm hasn't contacted them and an arrangement made for them to be contacted by NU next week after their season.

So, don't get excited. Hold Your Horses!!!!!

Remember Tom had a search firm working on his list for some time before he fired Callahan finding out who is REALLY interested in the job. Also, he wants a coach that wants to coach at Nebraska, not just where ever he could get a good salary.

Having said that, the coach Tom is looking for will wait for the interview and the job offer. He may already have an understanding with someone already interviewed. He may also, through the search firm, have an understanding with someone who hasn't finished their season and will be interviewed next week.

For instance, Kelly says he hasn't been contacted by Nebraska, nor has his AD. They didn't say the search firm hasn't contacted them and an arrangement made for them to be contacted by NU next week after their season.

So, don't get excited. Hold Your Horses!!!!!

Well did you see how quick Houston Nutt got a new job??? And Mike Sherman. Right now i don't think that Nebraska is a desirable job as it once was. Basically the whole team will have to get adjusted to new schemes for offense and defense and that takes time. A lot of coaches might not want to do that. I think the days of coaches staying at one school are long gone. let me give an example: Say your a coach who is looking for another job and have been contacted by nebraska and interviewed and another school comes a long and offers you a hc job because they went to you first because they wanted you and interviewed nobody else. Now most people would pick the job that only talked to him because they wanted and not the job they might get if all the other interviews suck. I see only Turner Gill waiting for the job because he played here. I don't see any other coach getting interviewed and not promised a job to turn down a another coaching position guaranteed.

Patience is good here...I am glad TO is taking his time....makes me more comfortable with what ever his decision is about who the HC should be....then we have to start working on a viable staff....and there will probably be more speculation, unless they are putting that together now too.

Bottom line is we don't need to jump to any rash decisions just because of time. We need to make sure this coach is the right fit for Nebraska because the day of experiments are gone as far as I'm concerned. They have to want to coach here and understand the pressure that comes with this job.

Rash decisions? Look since T.O. took over he has known when cally was fired and according to recent posts it was 3 weeks before the season was over. With so many job openings it's better to get the person you want rather than the person you are left to get. All these openings means that the interviewee has more leverage than Nebraska does when getting a new hc. Whoever T.O. hires there will be hesitation until after a couple of seasons has gone by and there will be people complaining on whoever is hc.

Well did you see how quick Houston Nutt got a new job??? And Mike Sherman.

***SNIP***

I don't know about Sherman, but details are emerging in the Arkansas media showing that Nutt was in negotiations with Ole Miss for weeks prior to the hire...

Exactly. Ole Miss got who they wanted and didn't mess around. For years there was speculation that Nutt would be gone in Arkansas and he left before they fired even though he still had another season.

Well did you see how quick Houston Nutt got a new job??? And Mike Sherman.

***SNIP***

I don't know about Sherman, but details are emerging in the Arkansas media showing that Nutt was in negotiations with Ole Miss for weeks prior to the hire...

And that's why I'm glad he's not going to be NU's next head coach. As good as he may be, I don't trust that guy. He's a NCAA violation waiting to happen.

Bottom line is we don't need to jump to any rash decisions just because of time. We need to make sure this coach is the right fit for Nebraska because the day of experiments are gone as far as I'm concerned. They have to want to coach here and understand the pressure that comes with this job.

Rash decisions? Look since T.O. took over he has known when cally was fired and according to recent posts it was 3 weeks before the season was over. With so many job openings it's better to get the person you want rather than the person you are left to get. All these openings means that the interviewee has more leverage than Nebraska does when getting a new hc. Whoever T.O. hires there will be hesitation until after a couple of seasons has gone by and there will be people complaining on whoever is hc.

A rash decision would be us wanting him to name a coach just because all these other schools are. He is interviewing numerous people and couldn't do that before the season was over. The next coach will want to coach at Nebraska because it is something that he has always wanted to do. He'll wait for that instead of taking another job.