What about Solich?

I was thinking tonight... what about Solich? None of us are talking about him and yet he was hand-picked by Osborne before.

So... the guy who is conducting the search for the next head coach is the same guy who hand-picked Frank Solich to succeed him at the helm. Then, without Osborne's approval, Solich was fired after a 9-3 year and after showing that he can bring in solid coordinators to complete his staff (i.e. Bo Pelini)... So now, with Osborne back in charge of picking a head coach, why wouldn't he at least look back at Solich and say to himself "He never really got his chance to get going". Or did he?

I'd love Husker Nation's thoughts on this subject... seems logical to me, but perhaps just not the right time for a change like this. Would the fan base support his return? Would he have success?

Yeah its OK socal. I didnt mean to be a dick, was just saying that he has been mentioned many times.

Hey, no worries at all. Between my job, my wife, and my two young kids, I hardly get a chance to vote for T.O. for Best Coach of All Time, let alone read all the posts. I just like to contribute so I may get repetetive at times. :-)

TO knows that would be impossible now.

Frank's DUI basically slammed the door on him coming back. And I don't think he should.

Maybe, also, his under-performance here opened Tom's eyes.

solich had his stay at nebraska, and you saw what happen,......some have very short memorys

TO knows that would be impossible now.

Frank's DUI basically slammed the door on him coming back. And I don't think he should.

Maybe, also, his under-performance here opened Tom's eyes.

solich had his stay at nebraska, and you saw what happen,......some have very short memorys

Yeah, he got fired by a jackass after a 9-3 season.