ESPN rumor central

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3131855

Buffalo head coach Turner Gill and LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini are the final two candidates for the Nebraska coaching job, ESPN.com has learned. A final decision and subsequent announcement are expected soon, perhaps by Thursday, according to sources familiar with the search. Nebraska interim athletic director Tom Osborne, who is conducting the search, was phoning others to apprise them Wednesday that the process was winding to a close. Pelini reportedly interviewed with Osborne -- where he apparently didn't wow Osbourne -- in Baton Rouge on Sunday, while Gill might have interviewed Monday. Osborne was in Atlanta Monday, which is where Parker Executive Search -- the firm hired by Nebraska to assist with the search -- is headquartered.

A source close to Wake Forest indicated that coach Jim Grobe interviewed with Nebraska in Atlanta on Nov. 26.

So according to ESPN it's down to two candidates and an announcment could come as soon as today even though our AD is on the road recruiting and has publicly said that he wants to interview more candidates and a decision could come as late as the middle of next week???? Something isn't smelling right and I think it's coming from Bristol......

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3131855

Buffalo head coach Turner Gill and LSU defensive coordinator Bo Pelini are the final two candidates for the Nebraska coaching job, ESPN.com has learned. A final decision and subsequent announcement are expected soon, perhaps by Thursday, according to sources familiar with the search. Nebraska interim athletic director Tom Osborne, who is conducting the search, was phoning others to apprise them Wednesday that the process was winding to a close. Pelini reportedly interviewed with Osborne -- where he apparently didn't wow Osbourne -- in Baton Rouge on Sunday, while Gill might have interviewed Monday. Osborne was in Atlanta Monday, which is where Parker Executive Search -- the firm hired by Nebraska to assist with the search -- is headquartered.

A source close to Wake Forest indicated that coach Jim Grobe interviewed with Nebraska in Atlanta on Nov. 26.

So according to ESPN it's down to two candidates and an announcment could come as soon as today even though our AD is on the road recruiting and has publicly said that he wants to interview more candidates and a decision could come as late as the middle of next week???? Something isn't smelling right and I think it's coming from Bristol......

I don't believe ESPN for a minute! How often are they correct? When they do get something right it usually comes from a local source anyway!

Folks I gotta put my trust in Ozz and until I hear the man say it's down to 2 people I would NOT beleive a damn thing that ESPN says. It is funny they have all of this inside information and yet every time TO has been asked the same question by our media HE AIN"T SAID A DAMN THING!!! He has not said anything public or otherwise about Turner, Bo or anybody begin right or wrong for the job!!

All ESPN is doing is stiring up sh** so I wouldn't hold by breath on anything they have to say until you hear the announcement TO has called a press conference.

To all of the jokers at ESPN :nutz HAVE A LITTLE BOY"S :thumbs

The thing I don't understand is that if Pelini didn't "wow" The Crusty One then why is he one of two finalists? I just don't see a scenario where Osborne calls Turner Gill up on the phone and says, "Sorry, I know you're a great coach and have turned Buffalo around...and I was best man in your wedding and speak to you once a week, but I am offering the HC job to Bo Pelini." No way that happens.

With all I am hearing about the personal and professional connections between Osborne and Gill, I think the writing is on the wall. The only thing that would cause me any doubt that Gill would be named is the fact that he hasn't been named YET. Let's get on with this thing so we can get assistants in here and get on the recruiting trail.

Please don't cite ESPN as a source for anything. They are just trying to sell you their product. Don't fall for it.

I bet their "source" is a Nebraska message board. <_<

Then I'm surprised they didn't list Osborne himself as a potential coaching candidate :sarcasm

:sarcasm Or that Oprah endorsed Jim Grobe, or that Jim Grobe was seen in a Lincoln Hotel Bathroom.