IS TO TELLING THE RECRUITS WHO THE NEW COACH WILL BE?

With TO completing his certification to go on the recruiting rampage, I have to ask "is he telling those recruits who the new coach will be"? I think he would have to or at least give some percentages as to who is LIKELY to be the next HC. Then, if the kids are being told are they being sworn to secrecy by being told they will have their offer pulled if they leak?

I know I am WAY out in left field on this one... but if we are going to ask hypothetical questions, lets at least come up with some fresh angles.

I have to admit that the rumorville thread has been the best one of 2007... from firing Callahan to hiring "who knows who".

GO BIG RED! :bonez

With TO completing his certification to go on the recruiting rampage, I have to ask "is he telling those recruits who the new coach will be"? I think he would have to or at least give some percentages as to who is LIKELY to be the next HC. Then, if the kids are being told are they being sworn to secrecy by being told they will have their offer pulled if they leak?

I know I am WAY out in left field on this one... but if we are going to ask hypothetical questions, lets at least come up with some fresh angles.

I have to admit that the rumorville thread has been the best one of 2007... from firing Callahan to hiring "who knows who".

Don't think so...more just selling Nebraska and letting them understand that he is in control -- things will be okay.

Not only is this NOT out of left field, I think it is probably likely that this is exactly what is going on.

I think it would be extremely difficult for TO to sell any recruit on this program without any kind of assurance about the coach, or even the schemes or types of offense/defense they will be running, which would pretty much tip his hand anyway.

I really do believe he has made his decision and is giving the recruits enough of a clue that they know who the coach will be.

Don't think so...more just selling Nebraska and letting them understand that he is in control -- things will be okay.

I wonder... it wouldnt surprise me if it was a test of character to see who will buy into Nebraska without knowing for sure what will happen. Again... WAY OUT IN LEFT FIELD, but the view of the circus is nice!

Not only is this NOT out of left field, I think it is probably likely that this is exactly what is going on.

I think it would be extremely difficult for TO to sell any recruit on this program without any kind of assurance about the coach, or even the schemes or types of offense/defense they will be running, which would pretty much tip his hand anyway.

I really do believe he has made his decision and is giving the recruits enough of a clue that they know who the coach will be.

WOW!! Someone actually agreed with me? Wait, arent you that brothers nephews sister of the secretary.. aw heck, you know what I mean! :rollin

Or maybe he's testing out a coaching name to see how a particular person would be received...

good point... it seems that we slightly agree that the choice has probably been made, the recruits are getting hints and the fans are completely in the dark. Gotta love it!

WOW!! Someone actually agreed with me? Wait, arent you that brothers nephews sister of the secretary.. aw heck, you know what I mean! :rollin

When you ask a solid question, I give a solid answer. That's all I want out of life, really. :thumbs

When you ask a solid question, I give a solid answer. That's all I want out of life, really. :thumbs

Good man... I guess after the 2007 season a solid answer is much better than the Callahan BS we were forced to consume.

Or maybe he's testing out a coaching name to see how a particular person would be received...

OS: Well Jonas Gray, Turner Gill will be our new coach.

Jonas: Who? Well, Notre Dame is really interested and ..

Jonas: Bo Pelini? The LSU guy? Well, He is more defense oriented. Notre Dame is...

Jonas: The Navy guy? He runs like 90 times a game. Im sold!

Jonas: Bo Pelini? The LSU guy? Well, He is more defense oriented. Notre Dame is...

:rollin

You are seriously gifted with the funny. Please don't stop. :clap

Jonas: The Navy guy? He runs the option like 90 times a game. The option is dead!!

Jonas: 250k house for my dad and mom. Bush told me that the going rate and thats what the fat man offered.

That would be more realistic since thats the way people claim the 5 star kids would react to anyone running the option now.

Jonas: The Navy guy? He runs the option like 90 times a game. The option is dead!!

Jonas: 250k house for my dad and mom. Bush told me that the going rate and thats what the fat man offered.

That would be more realistic since thats the way people claim the 5 star kids would react to anyone running the option now.

TOO FUNNY!! :clap