Paul Johnson Buzz

If you google news Paul Johnson Nebraska you'll find some rumblings in Annapolis about this. It seems like it has some legs and it makes sense (option, Navy's high graduation rate).

I have done a lot of research on each coaching candidate. Out of all of them, this guy reminds me of a younger Dr Tom. Great work ethic, family man, cares about "his" kids graduating, good listener and a proven winner. I am telling you, this would be a great catch for Nebraska. Although he's not my top choice we can't go wrong if in fact Dr Tom choses this guy!

Is there an actual, factual interview set up with Johnson on Sunday as reported in "rumorville" earlier and the person who stated this, gave a link...sorry I can't remember it.....

I just want to know if TO actually has a "scheduled interview" with Johnson......Does anyone know for sure....Looking for help here.

I PJ does have a legit interview, then don't count this guy out !!!! TO would not bring a guy in to just have a token interview....He is too classy for that, and doesn't have to answer to anyone regarding the # of interviews....

Does this guy have an interview set up?

Is there an actual, factual interview set up with Johnson on Sunday as reported in "rumorville" earlier and the person who stated this, gave a link...sorry I can't remember it.....

I just want to know if TO actually has a "scheduled interview" with Johnson......Does anyone know for sure....Looking for help here.

I PJ does have a legit interview, then don't count this guy out !!!! TO would not bring a guy in to just have a token interview....He is too classy for that, and doesn't have to answer to anyone regarding the # of interviews....

Does this guy have an interview set up?

All I could find was speculations about an "interview". http://thebiglead.com/?p=3757

If you google news Paul Johnson Nebraska you'll find some rumblings in Annapolis about this. It seems like it has some legs and it makes sense (option, Navy's high graduation rate).

I have done a lot of research on each coaching candidate. Out of all of them, this guy reminds me of a younger Dr Tom. Great work ethic, family man, cares about "his" kids graduating, good listener and a proven winner. I am telling you, this would be a great catch for Nebraska. Although he's not my top choice we can't go wrong if in fact Dr Tom choses this guy!

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

His graduation rate is largely due to the service academy environment he coaches in.

But to have the kind of success he has had at Navy takes a lot of doing. A couple of linemen in the 290's,

3 or 4 in the 280's, and 8 to 10 in the 270's. No one taller than 6' 5" and most are 6' 2" or less. This is not an overpowering team physically and yet they run the option with a good deal of success.

This guy can coach and I think we'd be lucky to have him. Husker Tradition not one of his long suits? Probably not, but if you are at Navy you know about tradition and its value.

...T_O_B

His graduation rate is largely due to the service academy environment he coaches in.

But to have the kind of success he has had at Navy takes a lot of doing. A couple of linemen in the 290's,

3 or 4 in the 280's, and 8 to 10 in the 270's. No one taller than 6' 5" and most are 6' 2" or less. This is not an overpowering team physically and yet they run the option with a good deal of success.

This guy can coach and I think we'd be lucky to have him. Husker Tradition not one of his long suits? Probably not, but if you are at Navy you know about tradition and its value.

...T_O_B

And don't forget Integrity! Something some of our past coaches and AD didn't have!

Yeah, let's not forget that this search firm Tom is using has a recent history of sending smoke signals that directs the media in the wrong directions, only to hire a guy that nobody was even discussing (see Iowa St. last year). So while I still agree that the safe money is on Pelini or perhaps Gill, I'm not ready to accept that it's a two horse race or that Pelini already has the job.

Yeah, let's not forget that this search firm Tom is using has a recent history of sending smoke signals that directs the media in the wrong directions, only to hire a guy that nobody was even discussing (see Iowa St. last year). So while I still agree that the safe money is on Pelini or perhaps Gill, I'm not ready to accept that it's a two horse race or that Pelini already has the job.

Right U R .

...T_O_B

I think he could me the right man for Nebraska. We aren't going to 'out-USC' USC, but if we have an effective football coach who can coach up, play to NE recruiting strengths (getting O-lineman, running the ball) I say let's roll with him.

If he's coaching at Navy, I"m sure the vetting process is a lot more thorough than other programs. You're going to get a clean program...kind of reminds me of Dr. Tom

On defense:

Navy had to replace 9 defensive starters from last year's team, got hit with injuries early in the season, had their best player from last season transfer (now starting at Maryland...players at service academies can transfer without losing a season of eligibility--one of the many challenges at Navy), the fastest guy on the team runs a 4.6 forty, they are basically playing with Division 1-AA and Division II talent...

Yes, it is fair to bring up the defense...I'm sure Paul Johnson is quite aware that defense is important (he won two Division 1-AA national championships at Georgia Southern), but you can only do so much at Navy, and that's one of the reasons he doesn't pass much, to keep the defense off the field.